Financing new CX-5 Question

Seriously? That's bs. Anything over 800 is top notch A1 credit.

Sent from my LG V10

Thanks for all the responses everyone! I've been in talks with a few dealers for an AWD Touring CX-5 with Bose Package plus roof rails. I've gotten a few responses with the lowest being about 13% off MSRP which includes $1000 rebate. I asked about the 0% financing with one dealer and was informed if I went that route, it would cost an extra $1000 as they lose their incentives. After doing the math, if I get the 0% APR, it will be cheaper in the long run. I'll keep you all updated.

You should consider the tech package. I know it's more money, but really, over the length of a 5 year loan it's less then $10/month. It's totally worth it.

I will always recommend this to everyone. A few people told me to get it and I'm very glad I did.

Sent from my LG V10

Seriously? That's bs. Anything over 800 is top notch A1 credit.

Sent from my LG V10

In reality, there was no 0% offer in July 2015 when I bought my 2016 CX-5 GT. It was 1.9% with a $500 rebate. Other models were eligible for 0% but not the CX-5. I took the offer and paid off the loan when I received the 1st statement.

Last edited:
Seriously? Wtf... No. I'm saying any finance guy that turns down someone with an 800+ credit score needs to be fired because he's incompetent...

Sent from my LG V10

I'm with you although I wasn't turned down. I was immediately approved for their lowest rate but I wasn't interested in financing my car in the 1st place. I took it just to get an extra $500 off and I paid off the loan 1 month later.
Taking into account my trade, $500 off was almost 3% of what I needed to "finance" so it was a good incentive to do it.

I sold cars for a year, Mazda included. Mazda uses a "customer cash" offer, and not a "rebate." A manufacture rebate HAS to be offered when it is available(Nissan is this way). A "cash" type offer, including loyalty, does not HAVE to be offered. The dealer can hold on to it if the consumer is not aware. If this dealer is telling you, you have to finance at the dealership to get loyalty rebate, They are SCUM. Period. Dealerships make money from Finance, and the Garage. VERY little is made on front end margin. The dealership will still get credit for the customer cash from Mazda no matter if they extend it to the customer or not, as long as the customer qualifies. . They want you to finance at the dealership so they can buy a low rate, and "sell" it to you at a higher rate. Up to 3% is the cap they can increase it, well at least in VA it was when I sold Mazdas. They might even use another CU, or bank, not even Mazda Finance for your loan. That being said, Mazda does not have any rules that you have to finance to receive their customer cash offers.

Back