HELP! Warning Lights and Gear Change light

BROADBEAN9513

:
CX5 2.2 D (175) SPORT NAV AWD WITH SAFETY PACK
I was driving home in my 4 year old CX-5 Diesel when all the warning lights came on and the gear change indicator digital display disappeared!!! There appears to be nothing wrong with the driving experience though. After I stopped and restarted the vehicle the same occurred again. The lights I have on are following

Amber Traction control
Red triangle
Engine management
TPMS Amber light
On the warining part of the computer it says there is a problem with the SCBS
And finally the gearchange Led indicator is out in all gears.

Could this be a fuse blown or some other electrical glitch?

This sounds like something you should bring to the dealership or a professional mechanic to be safe. Don't want anything catching on fire or your car leaving you stranded. Make sure to let us know so others can know what to expect if it happens to them.

SCBS is the auto brake system. I might try to disconnect the negative termanl on the 12 volt batter for 10 minutes or so and maybe it will reset the system. I think I would not put off getting this corrected for safety reasons assuming the brake system is causing the problem. Ed

The display will show all those warning lights if it detects a fault. It's really saying that any of these systems COULD be effected. Ed is right in saying that disconnecting the battery earth will clear it but it will dump any fault codes too. You can buy a code reader quite cheap which will also clear the fault or most garages have one. It could be something and nothing but if you are using supermarket diesel you may well have clogged the EGR or DPF.

I have had a full diagnostic by Mazda Glasgow who could not clear the fault codes. This has cost me 98 so far. The next step they say is one code that they want to clear first is the Exhaust Gas sensor fault code. They are going to change the sensor to see if this is the main cause of all alarms. My issue with this is why if one sensor goes most of the fault codes also appear. Surely this points at a wiring or electrical fault rather than one sensor??

The display will show all those warning lights if it detects a fault. It's really saying that any of these systems COULD be effected. Ed is right in saying that disconnecting the battery earth will clear it but it will dump any fault codes too. You can buy a code reader quite cheap which will also clear the fault or most garages have one. It could be something and nothing but if you are using supermarket diesel you may well have clogged the EGR or DPF.

I have had a full diagnostic by Mazda Glasgow who could not clear the fault codes. This has cost me 98 so far. The next step they say is one code that they want to clear first is the Exhaust Gas sensor fault code. They are going to change the sensor to see if this is the main cause of all alarms. My issue with this is why if one sensor goes most of the fault codes also appear. Surely this points at a wiring or electrical fault rather than one sensor??

I cannot offer help with your issue, being diesel and with a lot of features mine does not have nor which I am familiar.
I was curious and Googled "Helensburgh, Scotland". What a beautiful area!

I was driving home in my 4 year old CX-5 Diesel when all the warning lights came on and the gear change indicator digital display disappeared!!! There appears to be nothing wrong with the driving experience though. After I stopped and restarted the vehicle the same occurred again. The lights I have on are following

Amber Traction control
Red triangle
Engine management
TPMS Amber light
On the warining part of the computer it says there is a problem with the SCBS
And finally the gearchange Led indicator is out in all gears.

Could this be a fuse blown or some other electrical glitch?
Update on the above issue. The CX-5 had further investigation and the root cause of the problem and all the different warning lights was a failed Exhaust Pressure Sensor. Mazda had told me that this was not an issue and probably knew the root cause but still had me pay 98 for Diagnostics. The really painful thing about all this is that I have found a letter from 2013 in my pack telling me that the vehicle is subject to a Special Service Campaign!!!! Which Mazda have denied two weeks ago!!! Now I have the letter I will be on the phone to Mazda UK tomorrow.

Back