Nothing like following an original Mini to remind you you are driving a large car

Ziggity

:
2013 CX-5 Sport
va4OhZp.jpg

There are so many land rovers around where I live I think I drive a small car!

Serious question...what do we get here in NA that Europe is missing?

Without looking things up, I don't thing we get large SUVs like Expedition, Escalade, Tahoe, etc. Our largest SUVs are Range Rover and Landcruiser.

Saying that, there are some very large pickups like F150 and some VW monstrosity.

Without looking things up, I don't thing we get large SUVs like Expedition, Escalade, Tahoe, etc. Our largest SUVs are Range Rover and Landcruiser.

Saying that, there are some very large pickups like F150 and some VW monstrosity.

ROFL!

Okay, I see what you are getting at now. I think an Escalade ESV or F350 dully would blow minds over there!

I drove an MG Midget for the most part of the 80's-90s and the car now looks to be toy sized. At 1400 pounds, 4 guys on each corner could pick it up and I ended up push starting the car for the last 5 years.

When I lived in the UK, the original XJ-6 seemed like such a huge car but in the US, not that big!

I drove an MG Midget for the most part of the 80's-90s and the car now looks to be toy sized. At 1400 pounds, 4 guys on each corner could pick it up and I ended up push starting the car for the last 5 years.

When I lived in the UK, the original XJ-6 seemed like such a huge car but in the US, not that big!

That's assuming a 350# deadlift from each of them, on an object with no handles. It ain't going to be skinny kids lifting it, that's for sure!

That said, one of my principals regaled us with takes of a chopped MG he had. Cut it in half and took the back seat out. Says he could flip a U turn in his own lane. True? I dunno, he didn't supply pictures.

I heard Escalades in Europe ares serious head turners. For all the right and wrong reasons.

I heard Escalades in Europe ares serious head turners. For all the right and wrong reasons.

For a small sleepy town, where I live, there are a fair share of out of place cars, like a pair of AMG C63s. I have actually seen an Escalade pick up here, parked near to my home. It's the only Escalade I've seen too.

That's assuming a 350# deadlift from each of them, on an object with no handles. It ain't going to be skinny kids lifting it, that's for sure!

That said, one of my principals regaled us with takes of a chopped MG he had. Cut it in half and took the back seat out. Says he could flip a U turn in his own lane. True? I dunno, he didn't supply pictures.

The MGs that made it the USA really never had back seats (a little bench on the GT) so he might have been pulling your leg. My midget was low enough to go under some of the parking lot gates. I could get just enough under so I could push the entry ticket button and when the gate lifted, scoot out. Drove the attendances crazy.

Back