Just when you thought they couldn't get any uglier....

:
2014 QX70 AWD
I'm so happy Mazda doesn't follow Toyota's godawful design language.

Every new Toyota and Lexus seem to get uglier and uglier, and that gaping maw bigger and bigger.

Then they come out with this monstrosity. Why the F can't one of the world's largest automakers, with billions at its disposal, design a nice looking vehicle?

https://ssl.toyota.com/mirai/fcv.html

(blarf)

Every new Toyota and Lexus seem to get uglier and uglier, and that gaping maw bigger and bigger.

Then they come out with this monstrosity. Why the F can't one of the world's largest automakers, with billions at its disposal, design a nice looking vehicle?

(blarf)

~
I agree. The Mirai is pretty darn ugly; but it still isn't as ugly and the new Prius... that poor thing should be put out of its misery!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mirai is old news, Toyota is partnering with Shell to have 5 more Hydrogen stations in California. It has been a total flop in the face of electric cars. Kudos to the brave souls who tried Mirai and the Tucson cell concept. Good thing they were all leases.
If you want fuel cell - research River Simple. It delivers upto 230 mpg! Its not available in USA but is available on lease in UK / Wales i guess. You can never own one but be the 2nd 3rd lease owner etc.
It has a bank of capacitors that can fully extract the energy while braking (almost fully) - and its central drive train is only used for cruising and is a very low hp engine, the capacitor bank is used for acceleration.

I really like the look of 16.5 from certain angles, the 17 - now that i look at it does not impress me - unless you are looking from the front, where its better looking. Offset the view a bit and 16 wins hands down.

Kaps- I have no interest in that type of technology at this point in time... especially where I live.

Just merely pointing out Toyota couldn't build a beautiful car to save its life.... I could crumple up a wad of paper and it would look better than anything they've put out the last decade plus.

These super efficient cars are very utilitarian. I have that 2 series soccer mom monstrosity as a loaner. It's probably the MOST boring vanilla BMW I've ever seen or driven (kind of annoyed that I didn't get one somewhat comparable to the car I entrusted them with) ....but I cant get over the fact that I drove >50Ks in eco-pro mode and it's literally still on full.

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk

Last edited:
These super efficient cars are very utilitarian. I have that 2 series soccer mom monstrosity as a loaner. It's probably the MOST boring vanilla BMW I've ever seen or driven (kind of annoyed that I didn't get one somewhat comparable to the car I entrusted them with) ....but I cant get over the fact that I drove >50Ks in eco-pro mode and it's literally still on full.

BMW got the 330 e plug in hybrid out. Its mpg gauge only goes till 99.9 since its borrowed from gassers but there is an app which tells you what your real mpg. Its similar to Volt but nowhere near as ugly.
Why doesnt America get all these good cars! I want some Renault Zoes!!

Wow. I'd almost drive a Mazda 5 before that fugly thing!

The i8 is a wonderful hybrid. Too bad it's well north of $100K.

Wow. I'd almost drive a Mazda 5 before that fugly thing!

The i8 is a wonderful hybrid. Too bad it's well north of $100K.

Fugly. Hopefully I can return it tomorrow

c1485d202b9a6104f520e734b67280c7.jpg

Toyota went from a box on wheels to complete over design. The predator mouth grill is uglier than the real predator in the movie.

(blarf)
Why is all Toyota hybrid's or in this case a fuel cell car purposely designed to be ugly. You can't persuade me that it has to do with aerodynamics. If these cars had a Mazda logo they would never sell, but no its a Toyota and its perfect....not

Agree. The Lexus is downright nasty looking and the Prius is fugly. Looks like Toyota is copying Nissan. The new Murano looks like the Lexus or is it the other way around.

When I drove a 370Z, and it needed work, the Nissan dealership begrudgingly provided me with a LEAF...with about 20% charge left on it. Interestingly, that 370Z was about equal to a E92 M3 on the freeway, over multiple runs. Guy could drive as well. Pulled over and talked. He couldn't believe the Z came OEM with forged RAYS and that all I had done was an exhaust. He made excuses, but I caught him the next day on the freeway and repeated it.

Lots of people talked smack about the VQ37's "unrefined" nature. I personally loved the motor. It was the transmission's unrefined nature that deserved mention!

Last edited:
Fugly. Hopefully I can return it tomorrow

c1485d202b9a6104f520e734b67280c7.jpg

Oooooohh... Now I get why you called it a soccer mom monstrosity.

I couldn't for the life of me figure out why you were calling the North American 2-Series, a small two door, such names.

Oooooohh... Now I get why you called it a soccer mom monstrosity.

I couldn't for the life of me figure out why you were calling the North American 2-Series, a small two door, such names.

I drove twice to work 35 kilometers each way and it barely went below full. In my M4 I'd have used more than a quarter tank. So there's that! [emoji23]

Back