Enable touchscreen while in motion *not a hack*

Thought folks would be more excited about this. LOL

Sent from my LG V10

What if your passenger wants to enter NAV data while your driving?
I thought most people were annoyed that Mazda decided for you that it's unsafe to touch a screen? Apparently not. I'm on .59 so can't do it. Wish I could.

Sent from my LG V10

That's not what they're saying in Reddit and the 30 people that reported success.

Sent from my LG V10

Glad you found the video.. it's been posted here before, once even by me... I agree it's good so the passenger can use the nav to enter an address while your drivers eyes are on the road..

i myself have not had to many time where I need to "touch" the screen while driving.. but I did need my passenger at enter an address to a location while I was moving and it was VERY helpful...

I think I may be in the wrong forum. Other car forums I have been in would go apeshit over an unobtrusive easy "hack" like this. Maybe it's the CX5 demographic? Many of us are a bit older here.

Personally annoys me that Mazda thinks we're not smart enough to use a touchscreen while we drive without killing people. Other car brands, like Jeep, have no such issues. And the screen in my mom's is so damn big you really have to reach far to do some things.
Even the heated seat button is on-screen.

Sent from my LG V10

9672046b659a8a62bc47263d1584f319.jpg

I even took a picture of it because I just couldn't believe the poor design choice. Arm, fully outstretched to hit the x to close this window. I could barely reach it with the seat all the way back. This is the infotainment system most reviewers call the best. I hated it.

Sent from my LG V10

Last edited:
The Jeep even has a "tag" button. Do you know what this is? Compatible with iPhones you can tag a song you hear on the radio so when you get back home and connect your phone to your computer all your tagged songs will show up in iTunes so you can buy them. Jeep trusts adults to do this without killing people. Mazda won't let me switch audio inputs while moving. This should piss people off.

Sent from my LG V10

. Mazda won't let me switch audio inputs while moving. This should piss people off.
While I'll remain neutral, for now, on this hack, you most certainly can switch audio inputs while moving... but just with the commander knob.

Obviously RDK. And I am the Commander Knobs biggest fan. But Jeep, Toyota and Chevy let you use your touchscreen while moving. Ford, too, I believe. Mazda doesn't. I'm a grown man. I'm smart. I don't need Mazda to babysit me.

Sent from my LG V10

Last edited:
Disabling the navigation system while the vehicle is moving is one of the silliest things car manufacturers do.... It's almost more dangerous to have to find a place to pull over and stop to work the navigation... I would argue it's a safer to be able to use the navigation/screen while the vehicle is moving... I've been doing it forever and it's a great override.... I suggest you do it....

I think I may be in the wrong forum. Other car forums I have been in would go apeshit over an unobtrusive easy "hack" like this. Maybe it's the CX5 demographic? Many of us are a bit older here.

Personally annoys me that Mazda thinks we're not smart enough to use a touchscreen while we drive without killing people. Other car brands, like Jeep, have no such issues. And the screen in my mom's is so damn big you really have to reach far to do some things.
Even the heated seat button is on-screen.

Sent from my LG V10

Another example of someone trying to protect us from ourselves. The issues is that some people are so damn stupid and so lacking in common sense that they do need protection from themselves. Apparently the lowest common denominator has to be factored in and the rest of us have to deal with it I guess.

Yea. If you can't tell, the more we talk about this, the more pissed off I get. Lol Can anyone explain to me how touching a screen is more dangerous than touching a knob? The only reason Mazda does this is so they can pat themselves on the back "look how much we care about your safety!". Apparently works though, judging by you anti touch screen folks. So I guess none of you are ever buying Jeep?
I was thinking about this Too...why even have a touchscreen, Mazda? Because I can't use it while driving, I rarely think to use it when not driving. Result: I don't really use it at all. I'm guessing I'm not the only one.

Sent from my LG V10

Latest posts

Back