Enable touchscreen while in motion *not a hack*

Sad part is...I'm sure I'd rarely use it. Commander knob negates the need really.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I'm sure that I won't use the touch screen much either, if at all. But now I can if'n I want to!

I'm more interested in how you changed the colour :)

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Ask that question the the Mazda AIO thread. 😁

Enable touchscreen while in motion

What if your passenger wants to enter NAV data while your driving?
I thought most people were annoyed that Mazda decided for you that it's unsafe to touch a screen? Apparently not. I'm on .59 so can't do it. Wish I could.

Sent from my LG V10

I agree with you. I'm also on .59 and cannot do it. Mazda should gives us the option to enable this feature.

How about if all Mazdas came with this feature disabled by default and then the driver has the option to enable it with a "warning notice" where you have to click "Ok or Accept" in order to enable it.

I'm not a lawyer but I think the warning would exempt them of any responsibility.

I did hack mine to allow touch. There's another thread about it.

What's up with your handle? Fan of Rio Audio products by any chance?

No fan

I did hack mine to allow touch. There's another thread about it.

What's up with your handle? Fan of Rio Audio products by any chance?

No fan of Rio Audio. Did have a Rio 800 MP3 player back in the day. It was a piece of junk...
My handle is a spanglish word for DigitalRiver which is what I deal with everyday since I'm in IT.

BTW, can't find that thread. Can you point me to it?

Thanks

The Rio Karma was far and away the best DAP ever made.

Thread:
https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123859615-Who-has-done-the-Mazda-AIO-Hack

Still working fine. No disclaimer and touch works always. I pretty much never use it while driving because commander knob but DAMNIT I CAN IF I WANT TO! Or my passenger can. hehehe
;)

Ahhh, thanks. I did see this software tool a few days ago but did not want to go nuclear on my infotainment. I'll take a second look. There's a lot to hack there.
Thanks again.

I never use the touch screen, I only use the commander knob and voice controls. My reason is because I don't like finger prints on my screen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the 59.00.502 version and it will NOT work on that version.

Holding DELETE for 20 seconds does nothing.

I never understood why people wanted to use the touch screen while driving when the knob in the center console is a million times more efficient. The only thing that got me is I was trying to drive and pair my bluetooth for the first time and I had to stop to do it. No big deal.

Try putting in a nav address - have the passenger do it when voice fails. You can't. I don't want to stop when on the hiway and we decide to go somewhere new.

The whole idea behind restricting it while moving is just bulls***. Period. No other car company does that. Mazda wants to be your nanny and keep you safe! I'm just opposed to the idea of that. Mazda thinks if I can touch the screen while moving I'll die.
And that disclaimer? I'm going to have this car for at least 5 years. You couldn't allow me to turn that off in the settings?
I did have a friend in the car who wanted me to hear something. Nice he could use the screen to pair his phone while I drove. So yeah, it was worth it for that one instance.
And if you can do what this thread is about? It's not even a hack.

Read above, a lot of car companies do it due to US Federal Regulations.

Looked above. Don't see what you're referring to. There is no US regulation saying a touch screen must be disabled when a car is in motion. If there is, why does this not apply to Ford (I was in a 2018 F150 today playing with my coworkers ACP), Jeep, Volvo, BMW, Chevrolet? Everyone one of those companies have touchscreens that work while the car is in motion. In fact I know of no one else that disables the touchscreen besides our dear Mazda.

Last edited:
Back