Front speakers wiring (not Bose) question

alexeyga

:
CX-5 2016.5
Has anybody managed to find where wiring for the front speakers actually splits between doors and tweeters?

Getting ready to swap out the stock speakers on mine, just wondering if it's doable at all to integrate an aftermarket crossover into the stock wiring at all.

Thats a question I have since I have the four speaker layout. Looks like metra finally has the speaker wiring harness out, so no factory wire splicing would be required. I would call crutchfield if nobody answers here.

Having had no replies and not having found any usable information besides 2015 wiring diagrams I went ahead with the speakers installation.

Longest part was figuring out that it's basically impossible to run any new wires into the doors and finding where to splice the oem wiring.

As it turned out - color coding between 2015 and 2016 harnesses is slightly different, but I've pulled it through and it was definitely worth it.

To run wires through the doors, is really a pain. I have run some wires for a camera, in the passenger mirror and I have curst many times, until I have managed to do the job.
I have just used the factory wiring, for the speakers.
My Infinity Primus components, are 3 Ohm speakers and today I have retuned my system after finding some nice videos on tacotunes site(Toyota Tundra/Tacoma retrofit amp site).
http://tacotunes.com/toyota-tundra-...ta-tundra-system-1-installation-instructions/
By measuring the resistance at front and right, I was measuring 3 Ohms at all the speakers. It seems like there is no difference, if the dash speaker is there or is not. Still measured only 3 ohms.

Back