CX-9 Signature steering wheel stiching

zipzapkazoom

:
2016 CX-9 Signature, 1992 Miata
I use my thumb to spin my steering wheel on my CX-9 Signature and the stitching is really abrasive.

Anyone else experience this problem?

Is the Grand Touring's steering wheel less painful?

Thanks.

j58omxjqkghy.jpg

That's a first! Sig owner here, no issues...But I'm not steering in the way you describe.

Same here...no offense but I drive and steer the proper way so this has never happened to me

No offense taken since there is no proper way to steer.

You can steer any way you like. I have one way to do it driving down the highway and a different way to do it parking or backing up.

No offense taken since there is no proper way to steer.

You can steer any way you like. I have one way to do it driving down the highway and a different way to do it parking or backing up.

That's actually true you can steer anyway you prefer...what I meant was I steer the proper way based from how they taught it originally in driving school which is left or right hand over the other while steering therefore my thumb doesn't get caught in any of the wheel stitching. This is in no way meant to correct anyone's style in driving!

Yeah, this isn't a Mazda design problem. Most nice cars have stitching in this fashion. OP, you'll just need to get in the habit of steering more "normally".

Yeah, this isn't a Mazda design problem. Most nice cars have stitching in this fashion. OP, you'll just need to get in the habit of steering more "normally".

Agree with your comments...my previous Volvo had a rougher stitching than the CX9 and I never had this issue even before.

OP, steer like this at low speeds. This is usually how I do it. Really doesn't take much pressure to maintain grip and control.

Palm steering...

https://youtu.be/1XlMnh4rMPo

Also, Dave Coleman has nothing to do with interior design.

Back