Changed interior bulbs to LED (Interior LED Kit), huge difference (PICS)

:
CX-9
I'm on a roll, got my interior LED kit plus license plate LED bulbs for my 2015 CX-9 Grand Touring.

Huge difference, those yellow interior lights do nothing but generate heat. I used the plastic tool the kit came with to take out those dome / map stock bulbs and it melted the tip. LED's generate zero heat. Even the vanity mirrors were changed but not shown in the pictures. My wife loves that she can finally see in the mirror at night now.

The truck looks expensive at night, the stock bulbs really let it down.

I only have one more thing to change and that's the reverse lights and everything has been changed.

Here are some pics.
Mazda LED Interior Front by https://www.flickr.com/photos/143276860@N04/, on Flickr

Mazda LED Interior Lighting Rear by https://www.flickr.com/photos/143276860@N04/, on Flickr

Mazda LED License Plate by https://www.flickr.com/photos/143276860@N04/, on Flickr

How much does the kit cost? would this work with a 2007 model year cx-9, if so can you provide a part number or link where this kit is sold. Thanks in advance.

Did this to ours - I can't imagine ever using standard bulbs again. I keep bugging my husband about changing the ones in the vanity mirrors though... the only holdouts.

Did this to ours - I can't imagine ever using standard bulbs again. I keep bugging my husband about changing the ones in the vanity mirrors though... the only holdouts.

Those were actually the easiest ones to change. Just make sure the visor is pointing down so the stock bulb falls down and not inside the vizor (there is a gap).

Ordered them yesterday as well. Thanks. I actually changed the whole set about 5-6 years ago on my 2010 but I think they are a little bluish compared to these. I liked mine but always wished they were a whiter white. At the time I pieced them together from various sites so it's nice that these will all be the same.

Ordered them yesterday as well. Thanks. I actually changed the whole set about 5-6 years ago on my 2010 but I think they are a little bluish compared to these. I liked mine but always wished they were a whiter white. At the time I pieced them together from various sites so it's nice that these will all be the same.

Cool. Not a fan of that bluing. Fog and headlight blue I can't stand.

jpjr50 - are these as pure white as they seem in the pic? any hint of blue? and are they much brighter than stock?

No blue, like we said above the blue color is horrible. These are just stock replacements in LED bright white just like the pics I posted above.

All I have left is the reverse light bulbs to replace and I've changed every light on the truck except the stock HID / LED headlight bulbs. Those are so nice and so bright they will stay stock forever, whatever is in it now and breaks I'll replace with the same ones.

For $17.99 or whatever it is even if you hated them (which you won't) you can throw them away, it's like two lunches worth of money.

I just did that upgrade on my 2010 Mazdaspeed 3 and I like it so much I am doing to do it on my 2015 CX-9 GT and my wife's 2016 CX-5 GT. Amazing difference!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jpjr50 - Thanks! should have them next Friday or so. Will report back. Can't beat that price! I think I spent close to $75 six years ago when I pieced these all together.

Yup, my dim works fine. We have the same model so it should be good.

Thanks! I just need to check if these bulbs affect my warranty. I am not about the policy here in Qatar regarding installing aftermarket light bulbs

Thanks! I just need to check if these bulbs affect my warranty. I am not about the policy here in Qatar regarding installing aftermarket light bulbs

I don't think bulbs effect warranty, in fact there is no way they would notice.

BUT...you could always put the stock ones back that one time it goes back to the dealer. I saved my stock ones, I don't know why though. When my car goes in for service I'm leaving the LED's.

Just and FYI if you or your kids have light sensitive eyes.

My youngest son hates the LED bulbs because they are quite bright at night.

If you don't like bright than skip this mod. I love lighting and thought the stock yellow ones didn't provide enough power.

I just finished installing (most) of the bulbs in my CX-5.

TIP: DO NOT put the lights on the instruction sheet and put all that on your dashboard. In my case, a bit of wind came up and flipped the paper and three of the replacement bulbs when into the vent just in front of the base of the windshield, never to be seen again. (I'm hoping that they won't rattle.) Even though it was clearly my fault, the seller is sending me replacement bulbs at no cost!

Back