protege5 transmission

mazdapr5fam

:
2003 Mazda Protege5
we're doing a lot of work on our 03 pr5. clutch, transmission seal, shock n struts, motor mounts, flywheel, control arms, cv axles, etc...now our transmission wont go back in and keep slipping down...any advice on how to get it back into place and make it stay?

Ya might wanna put the bolts in.

Seriously, you're gonna have to be a little more descriptive. I have no idea what you're talking about.

Ya might wanna put the bolts in.

Seriously, you're gonna have to be a little more descriptive. I have no idea what you're talking about.

Sorry im trying to help my husband out and going by what i remember. To start, our clutch went out while driving. We looked into other things we should fix while taking all the parts out to get to the clutch which was perfect because everything was horrible!!! So he replaced the clutch, flywheel, transmission seal, motor mounts, shocks & struts, etc....but when he went to put the transmission back in place, it slips down like its gonna fall and yes all the bolts were snug lol hope this makes sense just trying to see how much info i can get before he gets home to work on it again..even asking him certain questions might help or telling him what to look for before putting it back on..this is his first time doing it

Sorry im trying to help my husband out and going by what i remember. To start, our clutch went out while driving. We looked into other things we should fix while taking all the parts out to get to the clutch which was perfect because everything was horrible!!! So he replaced the clutch, flywheel, transmission seal, motor mounts, shocks & struts, etc....but when he went to put the transmission back in place, it slips down like its gonna fall and yes all the bolts were snug lol hope this makes sense just trying to see how much info i can get before he gets home to work on it again..even asking him certain questions might help or telling him what to look for before putting it back on..this is his first time doing it

I still don't know what you mean by "slips down."

There are two mounts that hold the transmission up. One is is above the trans on the drivers side frame rail, the other is underneath toward the middle on the subframe cross member.

If he pulled the trans from the bottom, you really need one of these to support and lift the engine from above.

http://www.harborfreight.com/1000-lb-capacity-engine-support-bar-96524.html

Um make sure the transmission mount is on before removing the jack from under the transmission.
It's pretty heavy for just the bolts to hold it up.

You will need a jack underneath or a hoist from above to line up the transmission with the engine. Once the bolts are started you can get it to line up by slowly tightening the large bolts in a circular pattern.

Hey fellas thank you for the reply on all the questions my wife made. What I was running into was and unaligned clutch my transmission wouldn't go into the pilot bearing so I had to adjust it a couple of times to get it right finally last night with a transmission jack and adjusting the clutch for the third time everything finally went in smoothly. Now I'm in the process of reconnecting everything my clutch line brake lines CV axles and work on the brakes, clutch and transmission fluids super glad the worst part is over with bow mean while doing this job I took the opportunity to replace my front inner and outer tie rods, front and rear, struts control arms and my rear springs as well they have lost lors of inches I also did all four motor mounts rear motor mount is very difficult to get to. I also replaced my seal behind the flywheel the shaft output seals for the CV axles now four new tires and an alignment should do it

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

You definitely need a clutch alignment tool to get it lined up properly, either way it's a PITA to get the trans in with the car on jack stands. I always end up using my engine hoist to hang the trans in the air so I can adjust it and move it into place.

Yes definitely need an alignment tool !!! I bought one from napa the universal one I pray to never go thru the whole trouble again lol it's not easy specially if ur doing it alone !!! I had to call a friend or two in more then one occasion.it's great experience though

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

Back