Any Scangauge users confirm AT temp is picked up?

Okay just ordered OBDII BT Scan tool and tekton torque wrench on amazon. One thing I can't seem to find is the torque specs for the ATF drain plug.

I have the scan gauge, but my CX-5 is at home. Driving the work truck in AZ, but still have the scan gauge on hand in case something happens. If anyone wants to experiment with this, I can help out. Currently working in Phoenix. I want to know if this works too. Note my scan gauge was last updated in 2015.

Okay just ordered OBDII BT Scan tool and tekton torque wrench on amazon. One thing I can't seem to find is the torque specs for the ATF drain plug.

Which one did you order? Please keep us informed as to how this works out for you.

8myS5Nx.png

$8 https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned). You can get them for $3.50 if you wanna wait for PRC shipping
Thanks for the link and I'll get this OBDII BT Scan tool from PRC as I'm not in the hurry replacing my ATF. I assume this reader is reading engine coolant temperature and displaying as both coolant and ATF temperatures, and it's not reading the temperature of the ATF directly? Either way that's better than doing the wild guess for 122F!

BTW, I was going to ask my son what was the jet in your avatar but noticed you'd changed it to a Mitsubishi Mirage! :)

Ended up ordering this one for $11.99: https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

Will post if it works out. Went with this seller as they seem to be active in customer resolution in case I get a defective one. These cheapo devices merely cheap ELM copies and have a high defective rate. This seller has a 6-month replacement warranty backed with Amazon as well.

Got my OBD2 scanner last night. Works with no connectivity issues. Purchased $5 Torque Pro app and everything looks good. After a 10-mile commute and then parked for about 20 minutes. Hooked up scanner and turned car on for 5 minutes and the transmission/coolant temps were 174F. Its probably best to check fluid levels when temps go down to aprox. 122F - 140F.

Now to order some some ATF FZ fluid.

Last edited:
Got my OBD2 scanner last night. Works with no connectivity issues. Purchased $5 Torque Pro app and everything looks good. After a 10-mile commute and then parked for about 20 minutes. Hooked up scanner and turned car on for 5 minutes and the transmission/coolant temps were 174F. Its probably best to check fluid levels when temps go down to aprox. 122F - 140F.

Curious to see what kind of timing retard advance you get during your drive im trying to compare

Very cool. I'll have to check and see if there's a similar model for ios.

Any Scangauge users confirm AT temp is picked up with the following code additions?

https://www.scangauge.com/x-gauge-commands/mazda/

None of these is for a CX5, I'll probably just point my infrared gun at the trans pan. If the trans and coolant temp reads off the same output, I see no reason to worry about a trans temp output, can just go off my Scangauge coolant temp. Shouldn't be a big deal at idle.

Had my Scangauge hooked up today. Car was running at 177 to 180 degrees during a 25 mile trip, seems kind of on the cool side. I can understand why it takes a while to get good heat out of this thing on a cold day.

Last edited:
None of these is for a CX5, I'll probably just point my infrared gun at the trans pan. If the trans and coolant temp reads off the same output, I see no reason to worry about a trans temp output, can just go off my Scangauge coolant temp. Shouldn't be a big deal at idle.

Had my Scangauge hooked up today. Car was running at 177 to 180 degrees during a 25 mile trip, seems kind of on the cool side. I can understand why it takes a while to get good heat out of this thing on a cold day.

From the discussion here it looks like there isn't access to a separate AT temp sensor. Only the coolant temp.

Yeah, $20 isn't bad and I don't have to mess with something used. I'm really just after engine/trans temps. If that can be displayed I'll be happy enough.

Yeah, $20 isn't bad and I don't have to mess with something used. I'm really just after engine/trans temps. If that can be displayed I'll be happy enough.
Let us know if your new Apple toy can display true ATF temperature, or uses engine coolant temperature displayed as transmission temperature like Torque Pro app? Chris_Top_Her always gives us good suggestions and helps us saving money! :)

Let us know if your new Apple toy can display true ATF temperature, or uses engine coolant temperature displayed as transmission temperature like Torque Pro app? Chris_Top_Her always gives us good suggestions and helps us saving money! :)

I'll be sure to report back here once I get it all figured out and set-up. I'm hoping that I can easily swap this thing back and forth between the CX-5, my pick-up, and our motorhome.

OBD2 scanners for Apple products tend to cost a bit more. Look into the app called DashCommand for Apple products.

Thanks for the recommendation. DashCommand is one of the apps that the manufacturer also recommends.

Brown just delivered my reader, I'll get it installed and see what's what.

I use DashCommand on an iPhone and can't find an ATF PID so I have all these installed:
500fcc5e5b6602aa52b314dd435035a2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back