Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!
Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Any Scangauge users confirm AT temp is picked up?

2016 Touring CX-5 w/ 2.0 engine

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad 16.5 View Post
    I'm also using the flex OCI and am currently at 70%. The wrench indicator was yellow.

Yeah, the Car Doctor app shows a graph and a small digital readout of the parameters that it can display. I like the large gauges better.

I forgot to check and see at what coolant temp the blue indicator on the dash disappears, I'll do that next time.
    Blue light turns off at 58C / 136F

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Donated: $8

2016 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech

Arrow Wrench Indicator

I'm also using the flex OCI and am currently at 70%. The wrench indicator was yellow.
    The Owner's manual says wrench indicator and message such as "Oil change due!" are displayed in red but they actually are dark red or orange to me. If yours was yellow what message was displayed at the time?

2016.5 CX-5 Grand Touring AWD titanium/black

Quote Originally Posted by yrwei52 View Post
    The Owner's manual says wrench indicator and message such as "Oil change due!" are displayed in red but they actually are dark red or orange to me. If yours was yellow what message was displayed at the time?

I see that you have the 'A' type of dash. My car has the 'B' type and it doesn't display messages like yours does. If you'll look at your pic and note the Scheduled Maintenance section. That's what generated my yellow wrench in the dash. It was set to count down to 5k miles and it seemed to think that I was going to reach that number in 15 days. As I have under 3k miles now no way that I'll reach 5k in 15 days. I reset it.
    Last edited by Conrad 16.5; 03-22-2017 at 07:09 AM.
    "Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Quote Originally Posted by ijaen View Post
    Blue light turns off at 58C / 136F

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks. I saw that number before but I just wanted to verify it on my car using the new reader.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Registrierte Benutzer Chris_Top_Her's Avatar
    Donated: $40
    CX-5 Moderator

'15 CX-5 Miata GT AWD w/Tech 2.5L

Any torque user mind running the coolant temp pid on a drive and tell me the max temp it logged, and the approximate outside temp? thanks. I'm debating adding a small trans cooler from china into the grille and just wanted some comparison. I will be adding it for sure once the turboh is hooked up.

I did a check on the CX-5 yesterday. I'm not using Torque since it only works with android.

The blue light on the dash went off at 131f and the max temp that I saw yesterday (~40f) on a 30 minute drive was 190f.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Registered Member
    Donated: $15

2016.5 CX 5 Touring AWD

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Top_Her View Post
    Any torque user mind running the coolant temp pid on a drive and tell me the max temp it logged, and the approximate outside temp? thanks. I'm debating adding a small trans cooler from china into the grille and just wanted some comparison. I will be adding it for sure once the turboh is hooked up.
    Where does the cooler tap into the trans?

CX-5 Moderator

Thanks, 190 was about tops for me too.

Quote Originally Posted by madar View Post
    Where does the cooler tap into the trans?
    Anywhere you want to intercept a coolant line. Id use the in and out on the oil cooler.
    Last edited by Chris_Top_Her; 03-30-2017 at 10:12 AM.

Thanks, 190 was about tops for me too.

Anywhere you want to intercept a coolant line. Id use the in and out on the oil cooler.
    My understanding is that there are no external trans fluid lines thus nowhere to tap in for a trans fluid cooler. Is this not correct?

Registered Member

2016.5 CX 5 Touring AWD

My understanding is that there are no external trans fluid lines thus nowhere to tap in for a trans fluid cooler. Is this not correct?
    Right, it's reverse of traditional stock trans coolers. Coolant goes to the trans instead of the trans piping it's fluid to the radiator. So, maybe there's a way to tap off the trans cooler. That's why I asked. Was considering it myself. I have a few coolers laying around looking to hook them up somehow.
    Last edited by madar; 03-30-2017 at 10:43 AM.

CX-5 Moderator

The (trans) oil cooler is connected to the trans and works by circulating trans fluid next to thebl coolant forna heat exchange. There is no actual external line for the fluid itself. The two 5/8 barbs are for coolant in/out. So also you would be helping reduce use of the fans. A lot of newer cars are using this method

Registered Member

2016.5 CX 5 Touring AWD

The (trans) oil cooler is connected to the trans and works by circulating trans fluid next to thebl coolant forna heat exchange. There is no actual external line for the fluid itself. The two 5/8 barbs are for coolant in/out. So also you would be helping reduce use of the fans. A lot of newer cars are using this method
    Coolant is also used to bring the trans up to operating temp quickly,if you disconnect the antifreeze coolant lines and put an air cooler in its place, you could be over cooling it. Guess that's where a trans fluid temp gauge comes in handy. Are you planning to just bypass the stock setup by taking the trans heat exchanger off and tapping into the inlet/outlet ports?
    Last edited by madar; 03-30-2017 at 12:47 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234