Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!
Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Any Scangauge users confirm AT temp is picked up?

Registered Member
    Donated: $15

2016.5 CX 5 Touring AWD

Quote Originally Posted by Kedis82ZE8 View Post
    Any Scangauge users confirm AT temp is picked up with the following code additions?

https://www.scangauge.com/x-gauge-commands/mazda/
    None of these is for a CX5, I'll probably just point my infrared gun at the trans pan. If the trans and coolant temp reads off the same output, I see no reason to worry about a trans temp output, can just go off my Scangauge coolant temp. Shouldn't be a big deal at idle.

Had my Scangauge hooked up today. Car was running at 177 to 180 degrees during a 25 mile trip, seems kind of on the cool side. I can understand why it takes a while to get good heat out of this thing on a cold day.
    Last edited by madar; 03-02-2017 at 09:58 PM.

2016.5 CX-5 Grand Touring AWD titanium/black

Quote Originally Posted by madar View Post
    None of these is for a CX5, I'll probably just point my infrared gun at the trans pan. If the trans and coolant temp reads off the same output, I see no reason to worry about a trans temp output, can just go off my Scangauge coolant temp. Shouldn't be a big deal at idle.

Had my Scangauge hooked up today. Car was running at 177 to 180 degrees during a 25 mile trip, seems kind of on the cool side. I can understand why it takes a while to get good heat out of this thing on a cold day.
    From the discussion here it looks like there isn't access to a separate AT temp sensor. Only the coolant temp.
    "Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

I finally ordered a OBD II reader for my CX-5. I ended up getting this one since I have an Apple phone.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It seems that I won't be able to use the Torque app since it's only for Android.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Registrierte Benutzer Chris_Top_Her's Avatar
    Donated: $40
    CX-3, CX-5 & CX-9 Moderator

'15 CX-5 Miata GT AWD w/Tech 2.5L

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad 16.5 View Post
    I finally ordered a OBD II reader for my CX-5. I ended up getting this one since I have an Apple phone.

It seems that I won't be able to use the Torque app since it's only for Android.
    $20? Dang thats pretty high. Look around on ebay you can get an old android phone or tablet for like $10. Just needs bluetooth.

Yeah, $20 isn't bad and I don't have to mess with something used. I'm really just after engine/trans temps. If that can be displayed I'll be happy enough.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Donated: $8

2016 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech

Arrow Any Scangauge users confirm AT temp is picked up?

Yeah, $20 isn't bad and I don't have to mess with something used. I'm really just after engine/trans temps. If that can be displayed I'll be happy enough.
    Let us know if your new Apple toy can display true ATF temperature, or uses engine coolant temperature displayed as transmission temperature like Torque Pro app? Chris_Top_Her always gives us good suggestions and helps us saving money!

Quote Originally Posted by yrwei52 View Post
    Let us know if your new Apple toy can display true ATF temperature, or uses engine coolant temperature displayed as transmission temperature like Torque Pro app? Chris_Top_Her always gives us good suggestions and helps us saving money!
    I'll be sure to report back here once I get it all figured out and set-up. I'm hoping that I can easily swap this thing back and forth between the CX-5, my pick-up, and our motorhome.

13' CX-5 and 16' Mazda6 both Touring w/Tech/Bose

OBD2 scanners for Apple products tend to cost a bit more. Look into the app called DashCommand for Apple products.

Quote Originally Posted by CX-5um View Post
    OBD2 scanners for Apple products tend to cost a bit more. Look into the app called DashCommand for Apple products.
    Thanks for the recommendation. DashCommand is one of the apps that the manufacturer also recommends.

Brown just delivered my reader, I'll get it installed and see what's what.

2016 Touring CX-5 w/ 2.0 engine

I use DashCommand on an iPhone and can't find an ATF PID so I have all these installed:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got my OBD reader (https://www.amazon.com/Hikeren-Wirel...iglink20787-20) set-up yesterday on my iPhone. I got the free app (OBD Car Doctor) but after looking at the cool gauges Ijaen posted above I'm gonna have to buy the DashCommand app instead. The OBD Car Doctor does read the coolant temp but not the trans temp.

I had a bit of a scare while installing the reader in the CX-5 though. I followed the instructions and after plugging in the reader and starting the CX-5 I got the wrench indicator in the dash. At first I didn't think much about it, I thought that maybe while the reader was plugged in for some reason the wrench was displayed. So after playing with the software for a bit I shut the car off and unplugged the reader. I decided to start the car again to see if the wrench went away, it didn't! I'm thinking 'oh great, now I went and screwed something up'. I decided to check the maintenance section of the infotainment system and by coincidence the wrench was just the reminder that I have maintenance due in 15 days. It picked that exact moment to remind me.

Registered Member
    Donated: $15

2016.5 CX 5 Touring AWD

I got my OBD reader (https://www.amazon.com/Hikeren-Wirel...iglink20787-20) set-up yesterday on my iPhone. I got the free app (OBD Car Doctor) but after looking at the cool gauges Ijaen posted above I'm gonna have to buy the DashCommand app instead. The OBD Car Doctor does read the coolant temp but not the trans temp.

I had a bit of a scare while installing the reader in the CX-5 though. I followed the instructions and after plugging in the reader and starting the CX-5 I got the wrench indicator in the dash. At first I didn't think much about it, I thought that maybe while the reader was plugged in for some reason the wrench was displayed. So after playing with the software for a bit I shut the car off and unplugged the reader. I decided to start the car again to see if the wrench went away, it didn't! I'm thinking 'oh great, now I went and screwed something up'. I decided to check the maintenance section of the infotainment system and by coincidence the wrench was just the reminder that I have maintenance due in 15 days. It picked that exact moment to remind me.
    Lol. Don't you just hate those damn lights?

2016 Touring CX-5 w/ 2.0 engine

Same happened to me and a couple days later also went over a road issue and the ABS module threw a warning code and cleared it with the OBD reader. Payed itself right away as the stealership here bills $50 for a diagnostic hour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Donated: $8

2016 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech

Arrow Any Scangauge users confirm AT temp is picked up?

⋯ I got the wrench indicator in the dash.
    Yeah, sometimes this red wrench indicator pops up too soon and too frequently. I'm using Flexible OCI since new and it popped up randomly after the oil life below 50% just around 4,000 miles on odometer. Kedis82ZE8 showed me a TSB and I went to dealer to have my ECM software updated. Since them the wrench indicated worked as expected so far.

So your OBD Car Doctor app looks worse than DashCommand? I got feeling that very few of these low-priced OBD2 readers can read true transmission fluid temperature but just coolant temperature instead.

Quote Originally Posted by yrwei52 View Post
    Yeah, sometimes this red wrench indicator pops up too soon and too frequently. I'm using Flexible OCI since new and it popped up randomly after the oil life below 50% just around 4,000 miles on odometer. Kedis82ZE8 showed me a TSB and I went to dealer to have my ECM software updated. Since them the wrench indicated worked as expected so far.

So your OBD Car Doctor app looks worse than DashCommand? I got feeling that very few of these low-priced OBD2 readers can read true transmission fluid temperature but just coolant temperature instead.
    I'm also using the flex OCI and am currently at 70%. The wrench indicator was yellow.

Yeah, the Car Doctor app shows a graph and a small digital readout of the parameters that it can display. I like the large gauges better.

I forgot to check and see at what coolant temp the blue indicator on the dash disappears, I'll do that next time.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast