Any Scangauge users confirm AT temp is picked up?

I'd like to know this as well. I've have a Scangauge 2 sitting in my Amazon cart for a while, just waiting to pull the trigger.

The $5 china obd2 and free torque app pick up the trans tenp. Its pid is identified as "method 2" (vs method 1?). Ill check next time i take a break

I've got it (engine off)

Screenshot_20170223-170759.png

Chris: Just checking but have you seen coolant and AT at slightly different temps in app? Just curious if it could be placing coolant temp parameter in AT temp field.

I'd have to check when its running. It may just be coincidence or it might be the sensor averaging since the coolant and ATF go through the oil cooler. That might explain why there is a method 1 and 2 option.

According to the service manual the ECT (engine coolant temp) is used for both fluids.

Good to know. I hadn't looked at that. That should make it a lot easier for those servicing transmission as cost to monitor fluid temp is minimal.

I could fine no ther sensor mentioned in the manual regarding atf. Even under overheating troubleshooting, only ect sensor is referenced

Drove to Burger king and back to work(<10 min run time)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170223-194318.png
    Screenshot_20170223-194318.png
    227.1 KB · Views: 207
Drove to Burger king and back to work(<10 min run time)

Wait so you got trans oil temp up to 185 (which is within normal operating temps) in 10 minutes.

In that case 122F could be reached by simply idling for 5 minutes or so given garage temps are 60-80 degrees.

Link to 5$ OBD?

Wait so you got trans oil temp up to 185 (which is within normal operating temps) in 10 minutes.

In that case 122F could be reached by simply idling for 5 minutes or so given garage temps are 60-80 degrees.

Link to 5$ OBD?
I believe if you drive around that'll make transmission ATF temperature rising a lot faster than only let engine idling. Yes, Chris_Top_Her please post the link for your "Torque Pro" ECU reader. :)

I believe if you drive around that'll make transmission ATF temperature rising a lot faster than only let engine idling. Yes, Chris_Top_Her please post the link for your "Torque Pro" ECU reader. :)

Also heats up fast when you put it in drive, hold the brake and give it a little gas for a few seconds at a time.

Link to 5$ OBD?

The car wasnt overnight cold, it haf been driven a few hours before and sitting in 80 deg weather. This one is coming from a car meet, i pulled over and plugged it in so the mins of some # were already high . 20 miles at hwy of driving with 85+ highway and busting 100 a few.
8myS5Nx.png

$8 https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned). You can get them for $3.50 if you wanna wait for PRC shipping

The $5 china obd2 and free torque app pick up the trans tenp. Its pid is identified as "method 2" (vs method 1?). Ill check next time i take a break

The car wasnt overnight cold, it haf been driven a few hours before and sitting in 80 deg weather. This one is coming from a car meet, i pulled over and plugged it in so the mins of some # were already high . 20 miles at hwy of driving with 85+ highway and busting 100 a few.

$8 https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned). You can get them for $3.50 if you wanna wait for PRC shipping

Okay holding off on ATF project till I get an OBD 2 Bluetooth tool. Torque pro app looks promising for acquiring those transmission temps not to mention other use info. Thanks Chris.

Edit: Why can't I use something like this? https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

If it can't read transmission fluid temps it could read coolant temps.

Last edited:
Okay holding off on ATF project till I get an OBD 2 Bluetooth tool. Torque pro app looks promising for acquiring those transmission temps not to mention other use info. Thanks Chris.

Edit: Why can't I use something like this? https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

If it can't read transmission fluid temps it could read coolant temps.

You can use that too, but for $30 it seems like a rip.. not to mention its super limited functionality. Tbh for that price you can get an obd2 and a cheap android device for less. There are used android tablets and phones all over ebay for $10 and a new no name china tablet/phone can be had for ~$20.

Back