Koni STR.T (orange) + Tein S-Tech = Are they a good combo?

killbox

:
2012 Mazda 2 Touring
Greetings,

I am currently in the market for a new set of struts and spring, as the title states, are they a good combo? I have been contemplating whether to go with this or OEM struts with the springs. As a set of coilovers are way out of budget, it's not worth mentioning.

Also, brands are rather limited in my country and the aftermarket scene for the Mazda 2 in my country is rather crap, so my choices are either this, H&R springs, Bilstein shocks, RSR springs or back to OEM. My struts are not fully worn out yet but they will be due toward the second half of the year.

I don't do track driving. I daily drive my car about 60 miles a day on average and a monthly touge session up the hills where I really push my car to where I dare take it. I need comfort but fun.

Do suggest me other alternatives and feedback if possible, I'd like to know more.

-Dan

I haven't run the S-techs on these cars but have run them on a couple of different subarus. On those cars, they were too low for how soft they were. Fine on nice roads, but got some tire rub from not-very-aggressive fit tires/wheels on large bumps. They really beat up the shocks since the suspension was smacking the bump stops so often.

Can you get the Bilstein PSS coilover in Malaysia?

The bilstein coilovers that deadlydave mentioned are a fantastic bargain, and are what I run. But as far as just springs go, I think H&R is what you'd want. S-tech are basically just for looks.

Unfortunately I'm unable to get the Bilsteins over here. After going through the local market for aftermarket shocks and springs, it will actually cost more than custom coilovers made by a local race team here. After much thought, I will head for coilovers instead. Cheers for the much needed advice

Back