Re-introduction: just bought another Mazda 5

ljmattox

:
2012 Mazda 5 Grand Touring
After driving most of the current crop of CUV's, I decided that...I really liked the overall drive and utility of my previous Mazda 5 just as well, if not better.

So: I did a Midwest search for a clean, one-owner 2012+ 5GT, found one, and brought it home over the weekend.

I'll be adding a few things over the next few weeks: tint, rims, trailer hitch, V1 mount, a few others.

I was on this board 2010-14 when I owned my 2010 Sport / stick shift.

No photos for now; it's just a completely stock shiny-black Mazda 5 Grand Touring, nothing new to see :)

I'll jump in conversations when I think I have something to add.

I find it a bit funny. Even with all the Mazda5's downsides, from mediocre front buckets to cheap plastic interior bits and under-engineered switches to short service intervals for suspension and drivetrain mounts, it is still the best drive I have had in many many vehicles. Despite its size and weight I still find its more CRX-like than anything else I have had. The Volvo is way more comfortable and faster, but you can't whip it around like Nancy Kerrigan on ice.
And it still packs 6 and/or lots of gear.

Finally got the camera out, after tint and rims.

aviary-image-1488925781685_zpsvewtmzfx.jpeg

aviary-image-1488925923794_zpsr3fshrbe.jpeg

Nice! Not a huge fan of blacked-out wheels, or the facelift 5s for that matter, but yours could sell me on both! Super clean.

Back