Considering a CX5

Most people don't want it? Obviously a southerner. Everyone north of the mason Dixon like wants remote start. Lol!

Sent from my LG V10

We're discussing remote start options from "factory".
Who said that's all we were discussing? Unob said "Too bad you guys don't know what remote start is" that implies we cannot get remote start. Period.
I merely reply RDK006's comment, not Unobtanium's:
I believe Remote Start is a $500 option.
Yeah, that's afterthoughts not from factory even though it's Mazda dealer installed accessory either with a separate remote key fob or a very slow cell phone app with monthly subscription fee!

Panther who said he needs 4 minutes to remote start his CX-5 with MMS actually communicated with me many times trying to get answers of his questions about purchasing a 2016 CX-5 GT AWD. He wanted to make a right decision with no regrets which may be his last new car purchase for his retirement. We don't need question his claim and it does take him 4 minutes. Some member also stated that the service sometimes is down and the MMS simply doesn't work. That's why I said MMS is unreliable!

I just wanted to add this relevant detail despite horrible traffic i am still averaging 30.9 on this tank.

I merely reply RDK006's comment, not Unobtanium's:

Panther who said he needs 4 minutes to remote start his CX-5 with MMS actually communicated with me many times trying to get answers of his questions about purchasing a 2016 CX-5 GT AWD. He wanted to make a right decision with no regrets which may be his last new car purchase for his retirement. We don't need question his claim and it does take him 4 minutes. Some member also stated that the service sometimes is down and the MMS simply doesn't work. That's why I said MMS is unreliable!
I didn't question his claim. I'm only suggesting that's probably not normal. Highly doubt it's normal. Could be his phone. Could be his network coverage. I'm suggesting for the majority of users, it works as intended.

Sent from my LG V10

Most people don't want it? Ha. Obviously a southerner. Everyone north of the mason Dixon like wants remote start. Lol!

Sent from my LG V10

Actually in PA for the most part. Used it in the beginning but the novelty wore off fast. I do actually live in the south now!

Being in So Cal, I can't imagine any need for a remote start. Hell, I'm still getting used to keyless entry and push button start. :D

Hey everybody! Let's *really* add to our winter fuel dilution problems, by letting a cold engine idle for prolonged periods!

(And we are way too triggly puff to let our baby-soft butts touch a cold car seat!!!)

Or is that being too pessimistic?

Guffaw!

No-I don't have a problem with de-iceing windshields...

Op probably bought a mirage after all this lol. He hasnt posted aince page 1

I didn't question his claim. I'm only suggesting that's probably not normal. Highly doubt it's normal. Could be his phone. Could be his network coverage. I'm suggesting for the majority of users, it works as intended.

Sent from my LG V10

The remote from my Jeep didn't take 4 minutes. *Click click Rev....*

I would never recommend a CX-5 for someone who was considering "their last car". For many many reasons.

-Lack of luxury
-Lack of comfort (relative)
-Lack of "solid" feel on the road. Most retirees I would think, who would even bother with a new car, likely want to visit grand-kids and take road trips. The CX-5 is not that vehicle, IMO

Hey everybody! Let's *really* add to our winter fuel dilution problems, by letting a cold engine idle for prolonged periods!

(And we are way too triggly puff to let our baby-soft butts touch a cold car seat!!!)

Or is that being too pessimistic?

Guffaw!

No-I don't have a problem with de-iceing windshields...

Luxury. Who wants to get into a cold vehicle when you can get into a nice warm one? Further, the CX-5 ices its ass shut. You can't roll the windows down or anything. It's nice to have that solved before you get into the vehicle, as well as being ABLE to get into the vehicle because the door is iced shut. In short, I really miss my remote start for both comfort and practical reasons.

Actually in PA for the most part. Used it in the beginning but the novelty wore off fast. I do actually live in the south now!

I live in the south. Used my remote start all the time to get the ice off the doors and glass before going out to the Jeep. With the CX-5, I just yank like a mother, and one day I'll be stronger than the door latch, and the ice will be stronger than the both of us, I bet.

I would never recommend a CX-5 for someone who was considering "their last car". For many many reasons.

-Lack of luxury
-Lack of "solid" feel on the road. Most retirees I would think, who would even bother with a new car, likely want to visit grand-kids and take road trips. The CX-5 is not that vehicle, IMO
Try to keep up.
A - 4 minutes is not normal.
B - You are comparing your normal transmitter type remote start with the app on your phone type...that Jeep still doesn't offer in 2017.
C - Just because you aren't comfy in your Mazda doesn't mean no one is Mr Opinionated.
D - Probably is my last car. Longevity doesn't run in my family. I'm happy with my last car.

https://youtu.be/7tQO04E66vo

Sent from my LG V10

Last edited:
Try to keep up.
A - 4 minutes is not normal.
B - You are comparing your normal transmitter type remote start with the app on your phone type...that Jeep still doesn't offer in 2017.
C - Just because you aren't comfy in your Mazda doesn't mean no one is Mr Opinionated.
D - Probably is my last car. Longevity doesn't run in my family. I'm happy with my last car.

https://youtu.be/7tQO04E66vo

Sent from my LG V10

Well, that's what counts! Can't argue with that. Much like when I asked a dying man what he would have changed and got "would have skipped the accounting degree and gone right into counseling" as his "one thing I would have done different in my life" answer. It may not have been what I would have thought he would say, but it was his to say!

Someone had mentioned they were hoping for softer throttle response in the 2017 CX5. I've read it's going to actually have a faster throttle response.

-Lack of luxury

The CX-5 does not take 4 minutes to start. That is just silly. And I would argue the "luxury and comfort level of the CX-5 is on par with its competition. And most retirees would be fine driving a CX-5 on the highway. The car gets great mileage and most retirees don't drive 90 MPH on the highway.

Thanks to all for the helpful information. I think that I will wait until the 2017 CX5 come out and test drive that model. I also plan to test drive a 2017 Honda CRV, Subaru Forester and Outback. I don't much like dealing with the salespeople, so I'll get around to test driving later this spring. I much prefer solo test drives, which some dealers allow. I don't like salespeople who want to ride on a test drive and then talk the whole time so you can't really pay attention to details of the car, road noise, radio, etc. Drives me nuts!

Back