Considering a CX5

Do we know its lower to ground, and lower roofline? If so by how much? Drove the crv its a fairly competant handler but it can't dance like the Mazda, steering doesn't say much.

Not sure if towing is in picture but Honda & Subaru are officially rated at 1500 lbs while CX-5 is at 2000 lbs.

The lease is ending on my '15 GT w/Tech and Mazda has been bugging me to consider my several options. I stopped in at a dealer today but he has no word on the arrival of the 2017's here. I also stopped at a Honda dealer to look at the 2017 CR-V with the 1.5L and turbo. I can safely say the interior window control buttons are illuminated on the Honda.

Hopefully I'll get a look at the 2017 Mazda at next month's auto show here in the Twin Cities. I like the styling of the Mazda over the Honda.

It's almost March. Kind of lame it's still a big secret.

Sent from my LG V10

The CX-5 is capable of very good fuel economy, even with AWD.
In fact, take a look at fuelly data and compare it with other vehicles in its class. Look at the distribution in addition to the average.
Some will correctly tell you that fuelly mixes FWD with AWD, but if you look at the distribution you'll see that no other vehicle in this class gets any better and that the EPA gap between FWD and AWD is not really effecting real-world drivers as made obvious by the equal or better distribution.

Yup. The fuelly numbers are pretty spot on. I average 26.4 MPG for my 60K+ miles. This weekend, I averaged 28.5 MPG at 80 MPG on a 250 mph trip. Very typical.

Whatever CX-5 you get, I'd definitely recommend getting the Tech package. The Bose is very good imo, and the LED lights are great (first time with LEDs for me). I was at first skeptical about spending so much on lights, but they do make a difference... and lots of extra little bonuses as well. I didn't think auto-dimming mirror was a big deal, but now I love it! I personally don't care for leather seating and I could take or leave bigger rims (tires only cost more down the road), so I went for the regular Touring, but I really would recommend the Tech package.

Never had LED lights, and BOSE has been hit/miss depending on the vehicle, but bro...auto-dimming mirrors are the bomb. I miss mine from my Jeep greatly. That said, you can get it installed for a few hundred bucks no-matter what trim level you buy, I believe.

Never had LED lights, and BOSE has been hit/miss depending on the vehicle, but bro...auto-dimming mirrors are the bomb. I miss mine from my Jeep greatly. That said, you can get it installed for a few hundred bucks no-matter what trim level you buy, I believe.
I got it on my second car as part of the deal. Toyota dealer said cost was $400 lolol.

The lease is ending on my '15 GT w/Tech and Mazda has been bugging me to consider my several options. I stopped in at a dealer today but he has no word on the arrival of the 2017's here. I also stopped at a Honda dealer to look at the 2017 CR-V with the 1.5L and turbo. I can safely say the interior window control buttons are illuminated on the Honda.

Hopefully I'll get a look at the 2017 Mazda at next month's auto show here in the Twin Cities. I like the styling of the Mazda over the Honda.

I forgot how annoying that was initially!

And I think this just shows how different everyone is. Auto dimming mirror? I don't care about that at all. If you drive at night, LED lights are a helluva lot more functional then a mirror that dims, imo.

Oh, I know the auto-dim is an option, but I never would have thought about getting it had it not come with the package! Just another one of those minor little conveniences that I never knew I needed until I had it. ;)

If recommending to others: The CRV.

If for myself: The CX-5 is better than the CRV because the CRV gets big time demerits on interior design. Due to that interior cockpit design alone I won't want one. Just can't get past it.

I wish we could "like" posts here.

I'm already so attached to the "Commander knob"...it's been 2 months....I don't think I can own a car without it now. Seriously. ;)

Sent from my LG V10

I wish we could "like" posts here.

I'm already so attached to the "Commander knob"...it's been 2 months....I don't think I can own a car without it now. Seriously. ;)

Sent from my LG V10

+100

On a 45-minute commute I use the Main Commander knob and smaller volume knob no less than a dozen times adjusting volume, fast forwarding songs, scrolling to check on MPGs, dialing numbers, ect.

In something like the new CRV its missing that tactile feel of clicking/toggling/turning a manual Commander knob. Like my drive is missing a level of control I'm used to. Its dare I say... driving Infotainment stick shift

+100

On a 45-minute commute I use the Main Commander knob and smaller volume knob no less than a dozen times adjusting volume, fast forwarding songs, scrolling to check on MPGs, dialing numbers, ect.

In something like the new CRV its missing that tactile feel of clicking/toggling/turning a manual Commander knob. Like my drive is missing a level of control I'm used to. Its dare I say... driving Infotainment stick shift

I use the buttons on the wheel. My display is turned off 75% of the time. I have an iPod hardwired with my songs. Its a 4th gen and i likely wont upgrade it. Also have a spare android phone to just plug in and play. I like the commander knob though. Its safe to browse through songs - safer than the touch screen.

Screen%20Shot%202017-02-21%20at%2012.58.19%20PM.png

Yeah... the tires didn't appear to help at all. It almost looked like it was stuck uphill some and he couldn't rock it back out.

Might be some growing pains with new CR-V & snow though

"Although these are great selling points for families, the reality is that when the weather gets bad; and during the holidays in Qubec, the weather got seriously bad with freezing rain on Boxing Day followed by a massive snowstorm on New Year’s Eve, the CR-V’s sensors got all jammed up from being covered by snow and ice. This prevented any of its safety systems from actually working, and turning the gauge cluster into a Christmas tree."

I do like that they kept physical switches in the CRV for heated seats. Jeep put them on screen. Buttons are better.

Sent from my LG V10

Back