Engine swap

JoshBelton28

:
mazda
I swapped an 08 mazda 3 2.0 L motor with a 07 mazda 5 2.3, I have one major problem, it won't crank or start...it is only firing on 2 cylinders out of 4. I kept the 2.3 ECU, expecting it would run the 2.0. What is the problem?

Swap the ECU with the correct one and see if it runs then?

When you say that it won't crank, you mean the starter motor does not turn the engine over?

the intake cam's trigger wheel have a different tooth count than your stock one... you need to change the ECU to make it work and it's not a plug and play swap
why did you even assume you can go from a 2.0l to a 2.3l from a different car? Are you looking for zoom zoom boom?

the intake cam's trigger wheel have a different tooth count than your stock one... you need to change the ECU to make it work and it's not a plug and play swap
why did you even assume you can go from a 2.0l to a 2.3l from a different car? Are you looking for zoom zoom boom?

Ugh what a nightmare!

Sounds like you better find the correct motor for your car, that works with your wiring harness and your ECU!

Contact ovtune, i belive they can remap your ecu to work with it, there are a lot of swaps like that happening. Www.ovtuned.com. also if you are on facebook "mazda 3 tuning group" os a good place to ask, its a public page made by the founder of OVT

Someone mentioned having to use the other cluster for it to work correctly. I've heard that before with other engine swaps too.

Back