NY state drivers will have to start stripping

Nvm that sounds pretty dope. I don't ever check my lights! LOL. Wish I could pay a small fee for the govt to tell me my vehicle is safe. That's very thoughtful of them.

70% front tint rule is put there for the safety of law enforcement personnel.
Most cars from factories are tinted at that VLT number.
Any more tinting done to it will violate that rule.

In CA, we can only tint the rear windows (3).

Some states require safety inspections only in specific situations. Alabama and Maryland only require a safety inspection and sticker when a car is sold or transferring ownership in any way. Nebraska only requires an inspection sticker when the vehicle is being transferred from out of state.

In addition to or in place of safety inspections, some states require regular emissions inspections. As of 2014, these states are Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Missouri, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington and Wisconsin. The District of Colombia also requires emissions inspections biennially.

Some states, such as Colorado, Kentucky, Florida and Wyoming, require a VIN inspection when a vehicle is transferred from out of state.

Some states that do not require any of the previously named inspections include Montana, Alaska, North Dakota and South Dakota.

There was a letter to the editor about how wonderful the inspection was because it kept unsafe cars off the road. I wrote in that they are required to pull ONE wheel and check the breaks on that wheel. Just one. It wasn't received well. I figure it is MY responsibility to inspect my own car and keep it safe. BTW The police go through the long term parking lots at the airports and ticket cars with expired inspection stickers.
It is basically another tax.

Only 12 counties in Ohio test emissions. We (Ohioans) complained about how poorly run it was and how it felt like a penalty for living in these counties. They stopped charging us for it.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Back