Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!
Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NY state drivers will have to start stripping

Registered Member

CX-5 2016.5

Quote Originally Posted by Anchorman View Post
    Because in low light you can't see pedestrians, cyclists or even cars and trucks if the side windows have dark tints.
    Driving a full year with my tints, many times at night in heavily populated suburbs I have never felt my visibility was compromised. More often than not any potential hazard that I've come across was a simple wave from my windshield away from being thwarted, if that ever fails, the headlight flash is a good alternative. Anyone who doesn't get that should not have a license.

Registered Member

2013 CX-9 AWD, 2016.5 CX-5 AWD

Petition Started to Repeal New York State Window Tint Law

http://hudsonvalleypost.com/petition...ndow-tint-law/

Registered Member

2015 CX5 GT AWD

What's a "vehicle inspection"? Sounds like govt overreach. What will they think of next?

Registered Member

1990 Eunos (Mazda) V-Special Roadster (sold), 2014 Mazda CX-5 Pr

Quote Originally Posted by mashburned View Post
    What's a "vehicle inspection"? Sounds like govt overreach. What will they think of next?
    It's the annual NYS safety check for vehicles. It's reasonably priced and I find it beneficial, in that they make sure everything is in running order, more so you're not a menace to other folks - one year they caught that one of my turn indicators was not working (who checks their own turn signals?). I am fairly sure that they catch all sorts of things that help protect the vehicle owner and other drivers (e.g..bald tires, faulty breaks). Like anything, there's potential for abuse, if an unscrupulous mechanic wants to screw you over, they may make things up, but I believe that this is less frequent nowadays - I never had any problems with it. Every state I've lived in had it, I'm rather surprised that Kentucky doesn't. It certainly doesn't feel like government overreach to me.

https://dmv.ny.gov/inspection/inspection-requirements

Registered Member

CX-9 2013 AWD

Some states require safety inspections only in specific situations. Alabama and Maryland only require a safety inspection and sticker when a car is sold or transferring ownership in any way. Nebraska only requires an inspection sticker when the vehicle is being transferred from out of state.

In addition to or in place of safety inspections, some states require regular emissions inspections. As of 2014, these states are Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Missouri, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington and Wisconsin. The District of Colombia also requires emissions inspections biennially.

Some states, such as Colorado, Kentucky, Florida and Wyoming, require a VIN inspection when a vehicle is transferred from out of state.

Some states that do not require any of the previously named inspections include Montana, Alaska, North Dakota and South Dakota.

Registered Member

2015 CX5 GT AWD

Nvm that sounds pretty dope. I don't ever check my lights! LOL. Wish I could pay a small fee for the govt to tell me my vehicle is safe. That's very thoughtful of them.

2017 Mazda CX-5 GT, 2016 Mazda6 iGT, 2014 Mazda3 sGT hatchback

70% front tint rule is put there for the safety of law enforcement personnel.
    Most cars from factories are tinted at that VLT number.
    Any more tinting done to it will violate that rule.

In CA, we can only tint the rear windows (3).
    2016 Mazda6 iGT + Tech Pkg
    ....Sonic Silver Mica / Parchment
    2014 Mazda3 sGT hatchback
    ....Soul Red Metallic / Almond

Registered Member

CX-5

Quote Originally Posted by astriuminc View Post
    Some states require safety inspections only in specific situations. Alabama and Maryland only require a safety inspection and sticker when a car is sold or transferring ownership in any way. Nebraska only requires an inspection sticker when the vehicle is being transferred from out of state.

In addition to or in place of safety inspections, some states require regular emissions inspections. As of 2014, these states are Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Missouri, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington and Wisconsin. The District of Colombia also requires emissions inspections biennially.

Some states, such as Colorado, Kentucky, Florida and Wyoming, require a VIN inspection when a vehicle is transferred from out of state.

Some states that do not require any of the previously named inspections include Montana, Alaska, North Dakota and South Dakota.
    There was a letter to the editor about how wonderful the inspection was because it kept unsafe cars off the road. I wrote in that they are required to pull ONE wheel and check the breaks on that wheel. Just one. It wasn't received well. I figure it is MY responsibility to inspect my own car and keep it safe. BTW The police go through the long term parking lots at the airports and ticket cars with expired inspection stickers.
    It is basically another tax.
    Why would a free people elect for themselves 'lawmakers'?

Only 12 counties in Ohio test emissions. We (Ohioans) complained about how poorly run it was and how it felt like a penalty for living in these counties. They stopped charging us for it.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12