Possible to disable reverse sensor beep sound?

Spannerhead

'94 MX-6 LS 5-speed
:
Chattanooga, TN
Just like the title states: Can this be disabled? We have a fairly steep driveway once the garage door is opened and it beeps most of the way up, and whenever we have the bike rack on the trailer hitch it just goes nuts. Really annoying. Didn't see a word about it in the owner's manual.

Any and all help appreciated. :)

Just like the title states: Can this be disabled? We have a fairly steep driveway once the garage door is opened and it beeps most of the way up, and whenever we have the bike rack on the trailer hitch it just goes nuts. Really annoying. Didn't see a word about it in the owner's manual.

Any and all help appreciated. :)

There is a switch on left side for below steering for disable parking sensor.

Can you be more specific about the location? I don't have any switches to the left of the steering wheel...

Its not on the steering wheel. Its on the dash to the left of the steering wheel on our '13. A "P" with some radio waves printed on a rectangular button.

Its not on the steering wheel. Its on the dash to the left of the steering wheel on our '13. A "P" with some radio waves printed on a rectangular button.

There are absolutely no buttons to the left of the steering wheel on our 2010... :( There are the 4 blanks underneath the storage tray and that's it. Guess I'll keep looking...

Is it possible the reverse sensor was an aftermarket addition? There's nothing at all about the system in the owner's manual. Does anyone else have 2 sensors in their rear bumper like this?

170128-RightRear.jpg

There are absolutely no buttons to the left of the steering wheel on our 2010... :( There are the 4 blanks underneath the storage tray and that's it. Guess I'll keep looking...

Is it possible the reverse sensor was an aftermarket addition? There's nothing at all about the system in the owner's manual. Does anyone else have 2 sensors in their rear bumper like this?

170128-RightRear.jpg

It may be aftermarket. Like a Advent PSD-100
check out the manual here -- > http://www.adventproducts.com/docs/common/PSD100/PSD100_OM.pdf

if the 'mute' switch was not installed. You can always find the main unit in and around the spare tire area, then install a toggle switch on the power wire to turn it off or on.

That looks aftermarket, perhaps dealer installed options but not OEM. The <10 did not have backup sensor option.

It likely uses the reverse light as the trigger with a relay for power. I bet if you look around the D pillar (scissor jack side), you may find the trigger wire/relay to kill it.

^Winner winner chicken dinner.

Rooted around in the compartment near the rear 12V outlet, and found the sound box and wiring. Disconnected it (but left it in place) and all is well! No beeps!

Thanks very much!

Back