Mazda CX-5 2018 Release Date?

Pineman

:
Mazda 6
Any idea if the 2018 CX-5 will get back to a normal end of 2017 release date like most car manufacturers?

I know the 2017 isn't even out yet. i don't really want to buy the first year of a redesign so I was considering waiting for the 2018. Hopefully they aren't going to stay on this March release date schedule. What do they usually do?

This isn't really like a brand new model. Though I would assume this has only been screwed up by the midcycle refresh. 2018 should be normal.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Mazda have said the new SkyActiv engine will be out in 2 years.[HCCI]

I believe they said that engine goes in the next model cycle.

I guess there is a chance it might go to another model first.

2017 has the same drive train that was there in 2013 - so other than looks and interior changes + new features you are not necessarily taking risk.
I got the 2016.5 on the same premise its a tried and tested drivetrain. If you want a powerful engine or you want a Diesel maybe waiting for 2018 makes sense, but at this point if you have time you can try to snag a 17 near month end - 8-10% off msrp would be good - all is based on how the economy is and how much people like the new CX5.

From my experience as a 2016 owner the 17 is superb on every aspect. It is a home run - dont even think about that - you wont be dissappointed.
Just test drive and confirm you like it.

I think the OP is asking about the new SkyActive 2.0 engines that are supposed to offer a 30% boost in MPG. If I remember correctly, this was first aimed at the Mazda 3 and will eventually end up in the CX-5.

I would not expect it until late 2019 in the CX-5.

Thanks for the info. Actually I didn't realize the 2017 was going to be the same drivetrain.

I wouldn't think Mazda would stay with this March release date next year. It's a tough sell to get your customers to buy a new 2017 in February 2018 when the competitors are all selling 2018's. (Unless you discount them heavily).

Yeah well if we don't know when the 17s are coming out, how the heck would anyone know when the 18s are coming out?!

A couple of 'the 17 is coming soon' adds during the 20/20 cricket match tonight.

I think that the new diesel engines for the North American market will most likely be released at the same time the 2018 CX-5 is released.

The diesels are coming this fall...

Yeah well if we don't know when the 17s are coming out, how the heck would anyone know when the 18s are coming out?!

Well, a long time Mazda buyer would certainly know whether a Spring release date is standard operating procedure for Mazda.

Well, a long time Mazda buyer would certainly know whether a Spring release date is standard operating procedure for Mazda.

Back