Mazda cx 5 won't start

Garv72

:
Cx 5
So, my mazda cx5 alarm went off all of a sudden yesterday and after i turn the alarm off, i tried to open my trunk with my key in my pocket (usually works) and it won't open. Then i press on the button on the door still with key in my pocket and it works. But i notice the side lights which usually flash everytime i unlock my vehicle didn't flash. Then tried to start my engine but notice the keyless start button which usually green now turns orange. The engine still start at that point. But the start button flashes orange/red every 1-2 second and the check engine light is now on. Today, my battery dropped (only 7.xxV) and i can't even unlock my car. I have to use the small key inside the remote. Found out the airbag light is on, and tried to start the car but the start button didn't light at all. Notice that the key indicator (which is green when key is present in the car and red when key is not in the car) shows red colour, but the key is in my hand and i placed the key in front of the start button but still the light is red. I charged the battery to see if it will resolve the problem but still, no light from the start button. And now i can't start my car at all. Please help me identify the problem. The showroom told me i have to get my car towed to them so they can repair it, but that will cost a lot!

Possibly a battery issue... if you can get a charger to reach it, try xharging the battery for a while before trying to start again.

Refer to the owners manual, it addresses the color codes on the start button. Perhaps the battery in the key is also dead. There are instructions on how to recharge those as well. Your car battery must have at least 12 volts to start

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Clearly the issue is electrical and the place to start is the car's battery. You don't mention how old your car is or how old the battery is. If the battery is shot charging it may not solve the problem. Time for a new battery!

I bought my cx5 in 2012
The battery is only 1.5 years old
And on 15 feb, i started the car with no problem at all. The battery is in good shape on 15. All of a sudden on 16, the battery dropped to 7.xxV.
And a friend of mine who is a mechanic, told me that the brake light switch could be the problem, but the brake light is not on? And that doesn't explain why my battery dropped. Should i try change the brake light?

I bought my cx5 in 2012
The battery is only 1.5 years old
And on 15 feb, i started the car with no problem at all. The battery is in good shape on 15. All of a sudden on 16, the battery dropped to 7.xxV.
And a friend of mine who is a mechanic, told me that the brake light switch could be the problem, but the brake light is not on? And that doesn't explain why my battery dropped. Should i try change the brake light?
The cheapest option first is to charge the battery and confirm the voltage. Next make sure all contacts are clean and tight. Keep in mind batteries can and do go bad. If you have an subwoofer and amp, a bad ground will drain the battery. If someone left a light on, same thing. Have you tested the battery yet? Have you swapped a known working battery in?

Don't just start changing things not related to your main problem. THE BATTERY has only 7 volts. TEST THE BATTERY!
Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I always wondered why a brake light switch was offered at the Mazda store along with all the other stuff like floor mats, door sills, etc. # common problem

We have purchased a brand new battery, for my wife's CRV, from the dealer and it lasted 1-1/2 year.

I always wondered why a brake light switch was offered at the Mazda store along with all the other stuff like floor mats, door sills, etc. # common problem

I keep a spare handy..

..battery should be charged first and then go from there.

Last edited:
I keep a spare handy..

..battery should be charged first and then go from there.

Agreed 100%

Todays computer secured and ran cars need the 12 volts! Your 7 volts will not do. (notcool)

Back