I hope Mazda did some real good stuff for 2017...

Because people here are kindof funny. When I said Mazda should add 20-50# of sound deadening, they freaked.

Now Mazda did it, and it's all "Ooohhh!!! AHHH!!!!! YAY!"

Because I said PANO sunroofs are where it's at. Again this forum complained about this or that.

Now Honda did it in some of the CA CRV's, andone forum member already shed his CX-5 for one, and everyone is posting about how awesome it is that it has a Pano.

Because I said that Mazda was full of crap on their EPA ratings, and the forum boo'ed and hissed at me.

Now Mazda has re-vamped their ratings, and lowed the EPA rating on the CX-5.

So I am curious...how will the forum take the fuelly numbers ;)

That's incredible. Someone on this forum actually had the nerve to suggest that perhaps you might be wrong or to disagree with you? Blasphemy I say! Forgive them for they know not what they do. (rolleyes)

That's incredible. Someone on this forum actually had the nerve to suggest that perhaps you might be wrong or to disagree with you? Blasphemy I say! Forgive them for they know not what they do. (rolleyes)

It's cool. Mazda proved me correct on most accounts (headbang)

I was wrong about the AWD though. It kicks ass. Happy to be wrong on that front, and don't mind admitting it :)

Because people here are kindof funny. When I said Mazda should add 20-50# of sound deadening, they freaked.

Because I said PANO sunroofs are where it's at. Again this forum complained about this or that.

Now Honda did it in some of the CA CRV's, andone forum member already shed his CX-5 for one, and everyone is posting about how awesome it is that it has a Pano.

Because I said that Mazda was full of crap on their EPA ratings, and the forum boo'ed and hissed at me.

I bought a CX-5 because it wasn't loaded down with sound dead weight. It didn't have a useless heavy Pano. and I never trusted any EPA ratings so I didn't look at them. Someone else wants this stuff and Honda offers it GOOD. I like choices Mazda please stay light agile and inexpensive.

Why would anyone claim that fully sucks or why should anyone bow their heads?
I've only stated that I'll wait and see real life input, like from fully and from spritmonitor (which is european and therefor more likely to show what the mpg will be like in Europe) as basically every small displacement turbo engine has a hard time to live up to the claimed mpg, unless You drive it in a very specific way.
Good for Honda if their 1.5 Turbo is better than the competition in that regard, but I'll still stick to my NA Mazda for now (having already been down the small-engine-with-turbo road).

Everything is a trade off. Mazda is trying to eek out the best MPG with a traditional style gear box and they are doing a great job. The CX-5 averages 26 MPG on fuelly (which is pretty much what I get) and the new CR-V is 27.

That is the trade off, 1 MPG. The CR-V still looks like every other ugly SUV out there, the RAV-4, the outlander, the Rouge. The CX-5 is also cheaper but will have less of a resale value. Honestly, if a car was a clear cut winner on both price and features, it is priced wrong.

I bought a CX-5 because it wasn't loaded down with sound dead weight. It didn't have a useless heavy Pano. and I never trusted any EPA ratings so I didn't look at them. Someone else wants this stuff and Honda offers it GOOD. I like choices Mazda please stay light agile and inexpensive.

Did you get the roof-rack delete like I did?

I'll believe the weights when I see them officially.

I thought 67 (edmunds) seemed off maybe that was with rails...didn't realize she put on weight in refresh- 2014 3532, 2016 3589, 2017 3653 - borderline porky now:(

the only thing that sucks about the new crv is those wheels. but man it has everything.

android auto, apple car play, power lift gate, hands free power lift gate, remote start on the keyfob standard, handling on par with the cx5, spacious and even more so int he 2nd row. great gas mileage, FULL LED headlights, not just led DRL. led tail lights, usb inputs in the 2nd row with air vents, in canada the touring comes standard with panoramic roof and heated rear seats, active cruise, bis, and all other safety systems.

this is why mazda really needed to step up with the 2017, so far the only thing they stepped up on is styling and power lift gate and vents in the 2nd row.. things that are standard with every vehicle in this class it seems. they did nothing on infotainment. still no remote start, all the creature comforts. this is indeed going to be purchased by families, it needs to have those. same engine--granted its a good engine, it just doesnt make much for a "new" vehicle unless you opt for the diesel. they shouldve included the 2.5T.

that is what ive noticed with the cx5 forum. so much hate when the new cx5 was announced. they hated on all the features it has that the first gen cx5 didnt have. it was almost laughable. people were even trying to justify how the now rear air vents in the upcoming cx5 was not necessary and how their 1st gen was still better becauses it ddnt have it lol. same goes for the power lift gate. now an actual competitor in the crv shows up with loads of features, now it got everybody stuck. probably are creating an outline and studies and theories on why all those features are not needed and their 1st gen cx5 is still better lol

maybe its the denial stage. soon acceptance will be next. that the new crv is the best selling suv in america currently and the new cx5 will be superior than their first gen.

that is what ive noticed with the cx5 forum. so much hate when the new cx5 was announced. they hated on all the features it has that the first gen cx5 didnt have. it was almost laughable. people were even trying to justify how the now rear air vents in the upcoming cx5 was not necessary and how their 1st gen was still better becauses it ddnt have it lol. same goes for the power lift gate. now an actual competitor in the crv shows up with loads of features, now it got everybody stuck. probably are creating an outline and studies and theories on why all those features are not needed and their 1st gen cx5 is still better lol

maybe its the denial stage. soon acceptance will be next. that the new crv is the best selling suv in america currently and the new cx5 will be superior than their first gen.
You're exaggerating. Other then the power lift gate, which a few people don't like (myself included) I don't remember anyone hating on the rear vents.
17 has a heated steering wheel too, which we probably won't get stateside.

Sent from my LG V10

Uh, oh! It seems that there's trouble in paradise! The thread's title is "More cheapness." http://www.vtec.net/forums/one-message?message_id=1308129&page_number=3&

I thought 67 (edmunds) seemed off maybe that was with rails...didn't realize she put on weight in refresh- 2014 3532, 2016 3589, 2017 3653 - borderline porky now:(

the only thing that sucks about the new crv is those wheels. but man it has everything.

android auto, apple car play, power lift gate, hands free power lift gate, remote start on the keyfob standard, handling on par with the cx5, spacious and even more so int he 2nd row. great gas mileage, FULL LED headlights, not just led DRL. led tail lights, usb inputs in the 2nd row with air vents, in canada the touring comes standard with panoramic roof and heated rear seats, active cruise, bis, and all other safety systems.

this is why mazda really needed to step up with the 2017, so far the only thing they stepped up on is styling and power lift gate and vents in the 2nd row.. things that are standard with every vehicle in this class it seems. they did nothing on infotainment. still no remote start, all the creature comforts. this is indeed going to be purchased by families, it needs to have those. same engine--granted its a good engine, it just doesnt make much for a "new" vehicle unless you opt for the diesel. they shouldve included the 2.5T.

Christmas Tree. Surfboards. Camping gear. Canoe, Kayak.

Sent from my LG V10

Im sure 17 will be nice but doesn't appear enough to make me jump into another..yet. But it may create a nice opportunity on a 16.5 while i wait for the sky2 compression ignition gas motor.

The Honda is pretty impressive..do love the built in remote start, but cvt is the ultimate killer of fun, deal breaker.

The Honda is pretty impressive..do love the built in remote start, but cvt is the ultimate killer of fun, deal breaker.

I test drove the CRV with the CVT and honda did a really good job on it. It doesn't suffer from the usual complaints of a CVT, well you don't have to believe me, just read/watch all the professional reviews on it. It's really a winner.

I like the new CX5 bodystyle but the crv's feature set and overall performance.

Latest posts

Back