Australian features

SDL

:
2016 Mazda CX-9 GT
I just saw this article:

https://www.mazda.com.au/about-mazda/news/latest-news/next-gen-mazda-cx-5-showcases-new-i-activsense-safety-technology/

I wonder when some of these tech will make it to the American Market. Some of the stuff I noticed that we don't have:

MRCC with stop and go!
Traffic Sign Recognition (TSR)
SCBS F/R (Similar to SBS, but at low speeds)
Driver Attention Alert (DAA)

I would love to have those. I wonder if they can be added with a firmware upgrade? (at least some of them) :\

I doubt if a firmware upgrade will cut it - The more significant of these features are supported by upgraded hardware such as a new forward looking camera, and a new radar unit. Both upgraded from current hardware.

DAA is already available in some 15/16 CX5 variants here, I have it on my Akera and I also have SCBS front and rear, but that also requires some additional hardware, I think.

So DAA might be a potential software update.... does Mazda ever do such updates to add new features (rather than just fixes for problems) and release them for previous models?

Last edited:
I just saw this article:

https://www.mazda.com.au/about-mazda/news/latest-news/next-gen-mazda-cx-5-showcases-new-i-activsense-safety-technology/

I wonder when some of these tech will make it to the American Market. Some of the stuff I noticed that we don't have:

MRCC with stop and go!
Traffic Sign Recognition (TSR)
SCBS F/R (Similar to SBS, but at low speeds)
Driver Attention Alert (DAA)

I would love to have those. I wonder if they can be added with a firmware upgrade? (at least some of them) :\
We're actually missing many more features than you've mentioned! Front / Rear Parking Sensors, i-stop, i-ELOOP, Side-View Camera, to name a few. I don't think we're getting newer pedestrian-sensing front / rear SCBS either.

If any of those new features requires only a simple firmware upgrade, we would be definitely getting it. This's all cost issues.

Last edited:
Those features are nice...I just one front parking sensors! Which I know it isn't going to happen as a retrofit for my '16

Those features are nice...I just one front parking sensors! Which I know it isn't going to happen as a retrofit for my '16
These Front / Rear Parking Sensors aren't like my old BMW's which is only beeping you. They provide a graph showing how close your front end and rear end to any objects near you! Great to help us parking our car in a tight place! I saw a picture of infotainment screen with parking sensors on before but couldn't find it right now.

The three things we don't get in the Australian Azami model (Signature equivalent) are the grille LED lighting, Rosewood on the shifter console, and the Nappa leather (we get ordinary leather). But the Start Stop feature is great, and the front-rear parking sensor makes navigating and parking in tight spaces a breeze as it has indicators on the screen of the distance to obstacles all around the vehicle. We don't get the Side-View camera here, so not sure if it is available in other market?

I have a cx9 Azami - (Australian Equiv of SIgnature)
We have no all around cameras on our cars unfrotunately

Back