2017 Cherokee vs 2016.5 CX-5

If I owned a Sport, no question I would put in a headunit. I would replace my own headunit even though I seem to be a 1% that doesn't hate my Infotainment. A friend of mine is a car audio enthusiast and he puts in the most amazing systems. He always wants to do my cars but I always have reasons not to.

Any CX5 needs a head unit, even my Touring model.

Spotfiy, specifically. It's so easy. Create a playlist: Unobmusicum.
Couple ways to add to it. You can search tracks and add them. Or find a genre when you do have signal or wifi. Then just add to playlist anytime a song comes in you like. Then go to playlist and hit download. You can even just pick a genre and it will mix music onto your device for you.
Putting your limewire music on is easier still. Connect phone to PC. Synch with Media Player.
Or just use a stick. [emoji16]

Dunno what Spotify is. People rave about it. I just want XM like all the cars I've had since 2011 have had. I already have Pandora, which is pretty much the same thing people tell me Spotify is, except it sounds like a catastrophe instead of a dog pissing the floor. It involves "tethering", which is crap.

There are some distinct differences between the two.
You just need an aftermarket radio that supports XM.
/Edit. Thought you had a Sport. So you have a touchscreen?

My issue with swapping the touchscreen out is your settings will be stuck forever. Not that I change stuff often, but never being able to adjust anything? Not sure I'm willing to do that. So many cool headunits out there though.

My issue with swapping the touchscreen out is your settings will be stuck forever. Not that I change stuff often, but never being able to adjust anything? Not sure I'm willing to do that. So many cool headunits out there though.

What settings? As in, the speaker balance, etc? I don't see why that would be, although I haven't truly researched it, I just cannot fathom it would be so.

What settings? As in, the speaker balance, etc? I don't see why that would be, although I haven't truly researched it, I just cannot fathom it would be so.

On mine it would be the vehicle customization settings... IE: Auto wiper, headlight, auto-lock, 3 blink..etc

If something like Carista supported Mazda at that level it would be a moot point.

On mine it would be the vehicle customization settings... IE: Auto wiper, headlight, auto-lock, 3 blink..etc

If something like Carista supported Mazda at that level it would be a moot point.

I don't think the Touring has any of that, so it wouldn't affect me. If it does, I don't know about it, so...again, lol!

2001. It ate batteries, had a trans sensor go bad and then the a/c condensor went after 6 or 7 years. I bought it brand new and only put 80k on it. I sold it to a Haitian.

Had a 2000 GLE first one delivered to my dealer. Put 275,000 miles on it before it fell apart. Donated it to the Salvation Army.

Gave her car back tonight. Bye Jeep! Didn't hate you but didn't love you either.

Just an FYI...mom in law just had all 4 rotors replaced. 20,000 miles. They were rusted to s***. Dealer was like "sorry, rotors are only covered for a year". Wtf?
She went to Corporate and got them to replace them for free.

Just an FYI...mom in law just had all 4 rotors replaced. 20,000 miles. They were rusted to s***. Dealer was like "sorry, rotors are only covered for a year". Wtf?
She went to Corporate and got them to replace them for free.

Mazda doesnt do any better. Mine were warped to s*** by 30k miles, and I asked if they would replace them if they warped again if I went OEM. They said no. Not even under 1/12k. Said i could have gotten them hot and hit a puddle or some bulls***. So I wont say one bad thing about how Chrysler handled that. They did more than mazda.

They did better for me..new rear pads and 1 rotor free @36k, fronts made it to 65ish paid for those, rears shot again just now at 86k. Not great but pads still covered at least and rotors are trash but that's true of just about everything now.

They did better for me..new rear pads and 1 rotor free @36k, fronts made it to 65ish paid for those, rears shot again just now at 86k. Not great but pads still covered at least and rotors are trash but that's true of just about everything now.

Maybe a dealership thing, then. My brakes have made it to a juddering 94k miles, lol! I've hated the last 60k but have been stubborn.

Highly recommend R1Concepts for brake parts. Cheap and excellent. Got them on my Volvo and they are excellent. Fantastic customer service too.
Can't wait to need rotors in my car so I can get them. LoL

I'm just under 9K miles on my 18. The brakes had been squealing at low speed, especially reverse for a couple months, maybe 4K miles. I talked to the dealer and they said brakes are covered for 12K miles.

Brought it in and they resurfaced the rear rotors and pads. Said the noise was from driver side rear. Noise is gone.

If it recurs after 12K I'll probably just drive with it until the pads are low, or it gets too bothersome, and then put new rotors and pads myself. Brake parts aren't very expensive and the job is pretty straightforward.

Highly recommend R1Concepts for brake parts. Cheap and excellent. Got them on my Volvo and they are excellent. Fantastic customer service too.
Can't wait to need rotors in my car so I can get them. LoL

I'm going 100% oem. Just got a quote to do brakes on my cx5 at the dealer.

$436 for parts (4 new rotors, new pads front and rear)
$150 for labor plus tax and misc. shop supplies (swap new parts onto vehicle)

Not a bad deal imo

I have 94k miles and change on the oems. Brake judder started at around 30k miles and just got worse, front pads have around 5mm and rear pads 1mm ish.

I'm just under 9K miles on my 18. The brakes had been squealing at low speed, especially reverse for a couple months, maybe 4K miles. I talked to the dealer and they said brakes are covered for 12K miles.

Brought it in and they resurfaced the rear rotors and pads. Said the noise was from driver side rear. Noise is gone.

If it recurs after 12K I'll probably just drive with it until the pads are low, or it gets too bothersome, and then put new rotors and pads myself. Brake parts aren't very expensive and the job is pretty straightforward.

The pads on these squeak. Nature of the beast. Especially when wet.

I'm going 100% oem. Just got a quote to do brakes on my cx5 at the dealer.

$436 for parts (4 new rotors, new pads front and rear)
$150 for labor plus tax and misc. shop supplies (swap new parts onto vehicle)

Not a bad deal imo

I have 94k miles and change on the oems. Brake judder started at around 30k miles and just got worse, front pads have around 5mm and rear pads 1mm ish.
$309 from R1Concepts OEM Rotors and thier top of the line pads. $295 for the semi metallic pads and oem rotors. For about $90 more you can get the top of the line, bite like a mother, slotted and drilled rotors.
No brainer to me.
But you do you and get the same bad rotors that failed you at 30k. [emoji106][emoji2]

Last edited:
Back