2017 Cherokee vs 2016.5 CX-5

I don't hate Mazdas RADIO it I do hate the term: infotainment. Like to meet the dude that coined that phrase. Oh and "Cloud" too, for storage on the internet.

If you havent owned a vehicle with a good one, it wouldnt make sense to you. You can watch DVD etc on decent ones. Color live weather radar. Google street view NAV. Etc. Calling what is in a mazda "infotainment" is laughable, i agree. Its a clock radio, lol

Its not boring, it def does handle but the feel of that handling isn't for everyone including me which is why i prefer the brz and its flatter, cut the ass end loose at will setup. 240 na horses, fix that tq curve and its pure cheap fun platinum.

Funny, but i believe Mazda has stiffened up the miata and they did add nearly 30hp for 2019. I think the BRZ/ft86 put them on notice, lol!

If you havent owned a vehicle with a good one, it wouldnt make sense to you. You can watch DVD etc on decent ones. Color live weather radar. Google street view NAV. Etc. Calling what is in a mazda "infotainment" is laughable, i agree. Its a clock radio, lol
It's the term itself I hate. I don't need DVDs, color radar or Street View...but even if it had that and more I'd still hate the term. Marketing bulls***.
It's a head unit.

i prefer the brz and its flatter, cut the ass end loose at will setup. 240 na horses, fix that tq curve and its pure cheap fun platinum.

You mean like Honda did 15+ years ago...

Funny, but i believe Mazda has stiffened up the miata and they did add nearly 30hp for 2019. I think the BRZ/ft86 put them on notice, lol!

As you already know, the S2000 already blew them outta the water 15+ years ago. Better looking car too...

Yeah, the electronic parking brake is clownshoes, although i will say the screen (i cant call it an infotainment system any more than i can call a calculator a computer anymore) in my cx5 is so s*** i just ignore it.

Yeah, I accidentally used something I shouldn't have to clean my screen and now it is horrendously scratched up. Gotta look at options to replace it at some point whether OEM or after-market not sure.

You mean like Honda did 15+ years ago...

As you already know, the S2000 already blew them outta the water 15+ years ago. Better looking car too...

Yep. Honda is great about creating worldbeaters and then not updating them for a decade and watching them die on the vine.

There*s a few RWD civics floating around. A lot of cutting and welding. Too much for my taste these days, and not worth the effort...

I*m leaning to my next project being a Nissan 240 with some LS Power under the hood...

Better get back to Mazda y*all now before this thread gets closed...lol

There*s a few RWD civics floating around. A lot of cutting and welding. Too much for my taste these days, and not worth the effort...

I*m leaning to my next project being a Nissan 240 with some LS Power under the hood...

Better get back to Mazda y*all now before this thread gets closed...lol

sr20det...

sr20det...

Nah, had and got enough turbo projects (even had a turbo Z car before). Ready for a V8 swap with the same power and some reliability with hopefully (should be) less mechanic work for me in the long run.

Maybe you were talking sr20 for the rwd civics, then yea, that*s what most are using...

Nah, had and got enough turbo projects (even had a turbo Z car before). Ready for a V8 swap with the same power and some reliability with hopefully (should be) less mechanic work for me in the long run.

Maybe you were talking sr20 for the rwd civics, then yea, that*s what most are using...

Everyone I know went SR20DET on the S240's, and I lived in a very LS1-heavy area. Everyondamnone had an LS1, So I always figured the DET swap was due to balance (even though the LS1 is super light), or fit, or some other logistic that was a real b**** to ignore?

Assuming they don't have CVTs of course.

Every engine I use is pre 2013 Honda, so no CVT. Never have, never will...

Only thing I mess with transmission wise is the clutch and final drive, which is pretty key when messing with a B-Series...

Back