Engine swap compatibility

fortune730

:
2008 Mazda Cx-9
So i have started looking at swapping engines.

i own a 2008 CX-9 sport.

Does anyone have a list of compatible years for a successful swap? i have been told multiple years of the 3.7 will work. i have also been told that the furthur i get away from 2008 the more parts i need to change out.

thanks!

no clue, i was looking for the same info on the transmission and no luck, this is not an engine that gets swapped a lot so trial and error is unfortunatly the only way to go but since we never hear about this...

Look at the fuel economy for the different model years. That could point in the right direction to indicate changes. I think they changed the intake manifold a little bit in later years. Other than that, maybe an airbox change or a throttle body change, but surely there's not that much difference.
I'd be sure it matches up to the same trim level i.e. sport vs grand touring, as things like headlamp harness and battery harness which are tied into the engine harness are gonna be different. Also, towing package vs non-towing (different radiator, an external trans cooler, additional wiring, etc)
Let me know if you ever end up doing this!

Latest posts

Back