New wheels and tires needed for summer!

:
2014 CX-5 GS AWD
Got my use out of the stock, cheap all seasons on the 17" wheels(they did appauling, what an awful tire...) and ended up putting 70,000kms on them(bald now). So I bought brand new Nokian X-Ice tires on the stock 17's and threw the garbage tires out. What wheels/tires combo should I get? I do prefer an OEM look, so I love the stock 19's that came on the 2013-2015's, but I can't find any for sale. Does anyone want to throw out links and/or suggestions of a good size of rim and good make and model of tire?

I just got aftermarket 19"x8.5

I'm looking at a tire size of 245/45/19.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Got my use out of the stock, cheap all seasons on the 17" wheels(they did appauling, what an awful tire...) and ended up putting 70,000kms on them(bald now). So I bought brand new Nokian X-Ice tires on the stock 17's and threw the garbage tires out. What wheels/tires combo should I get? I do prefer an OEM look, so I love the stock 19's that came on the 2013-2015's, but I can't find any for sale. Does anyone want to throw out links and/or suggestions of a good size of rim and good make and model of tire?

You'll probably get more responses in the wheel & tire sub forum.

For 19" or 17" stock-sized tires, here are comparison tables for your reference. But I personally prefer General AltiMAX RT43 tires on either 19" or 17" with high customer satisfactory rating and low price.

225/55R19 Tire Comparison Table for CX-5 GT - Many to Choose From

Continental CrossContact LX20 Tires on a 17" Rim

For wheels, you can either reuse your factory 17" rims, or be patient on eBay and salvage yard to find a set of used stock 19" wheels you prefer. But I believe those stock wheels even if you found one, would be expensive.

I'm thinking about doing Xi2's after next winter. I figure if I buy them in November 2018 (my current tires should have around 60K miles on them by then and be ready to be replaced) I will get that winter out of them, drive them all summer and get that next winter out of them, and then throw them in the trash and by then hopefully something newer and sexier that will last longer than only 40k miles and still do well on ice will be out!

Back