Mazda 2 1.3 Color edition steering wheel controls.

Loi2

:
Mazda 2 1.3 Colour Edition
When i plug in my phone through the aux port the steering wheel volume controls works fine but it doesn't let me change tracks anyone know why or how i can fix the issue.

Because you're using the aux port. You're doing nothing more than plugging your phone into a speaker with wheels. If you want audio controls to work you're going to need to install the stock bluetooth accessory(stupid) or get an aftermarket stereo with bluetooth and an adapter for the steering wheel controls(smart).

Thanks for the reply, what would you recommend fro the smart option?

Not sure what's readily available on the other side of the pond, but I put in a Pioneer headunit with bluetooth, used the Metra dash kit, and I think I used the PAC steering wheel interface. Total cost was about $250 USD and a few hours of labor, but the sound quality improved indescribably - even with stock speakers(I replaced them eventually too).

Now I just switch to bluetooth audio on the radio, and my phone automatically starts where it left off. The audio controls can skip tracks even on Pandora, Digitally Imported, Slacker, etc. streaming services. Works well with Android, especially.

If you look around I made a guide on wiring the steering wheel audio interface - you'll need a second dash harness to salvage pins/wires out of to do it right, but it's more reliable than T-taps/vampire taps.

Not sure what's readily available on the other side of the pond, but I put in a Pioneer headunit with bluetooth, used the Metra dash kit, and I think I used the PAC steering wheel interface. Total cost was about $250 USD and a few hours of labor, but the sound quality improved indescribably - even with stock speakers(I replaced them eventually too).

Now I just switch to bluetooth audio on the radio, and my phone automatically starts where it left off. The audio controls can skip tracks even on Pandora, Digitally Imported, Slacker, etc. streaming services. Works well with Android, especially.

If you look around I made a guide on wiring the steering wheel audio interface - you'll need a second dash harness to salvage pins/wires out of to do it right, but it's more reliable than T-taps/vampire taps.

Any pics? I would love to see your install and the quality of the Metra kit.

Latest posts

Back