Brake question 2012 Mazda 3

JDMman8

:
2012 mazda 3
Hi there,
I am about to replace the brake calipers in my 2012 Mazda 3, and was wondering what else do I need to cope with the job? This is the first time I will do that by myself on this vehicle. So I wanted to ask you folks whether I have to get some hardware that's got to be replaced along with the calipers? Also, I have got the basic tools in my garage, and wanted to ask you folks maybe there is something special that I need to grab before I start?
Any help is appreciated! Cheers!

If you plane to do other work on your car, as well, why not pick up a service manual? Use that as your first reference and supplement tips and tricks from the forum as your second reference.

That's exactly what a friend of mine told me to do, LOL
Okay, that makes sense, will grab one, along with the calipers (https://www.carid.com/disc-brake-calipers/). You know, honestly, I am not the tech guy, but really want to do something more, than just giving money to the shops for the job... Plus I discovered that it's fun to do things about the vehicle by myself. Of course, I did not go further than basic oil change, filter replacement and a lip spoiler installation, yet I've got some plans for future mods already. Cheers!

Last edited:
Back