Black plastic strip on the outside of my doors?

coopergroves_

:
Mazda 323 Protege 2001
Hey all, I've noticed that people are removing (maybe they dont come with them) the black plastic strip on the outside of their protege doors, I was wondering if someone can let me know how to remove it please? Also, color coded exterior door handles, is that something that comes stock on some cars or something that needs painting or I should just buy specific to the color of mine?

Thanks to whoever helps!

Some models have a vinyl wrap over the door frames with paint underneath and some are painted black. I have only seen MSPs, which are all 03 models, with the vinyl removed. Your 01 may have painted frames so you would have to sand it off and repaint them. You can see the end of the vinyl wrap behind the weatherstrip on the door if your car has it. In the US we have DX Proteges as a base model, which has black door handles, mirrors and door guards along with 4 lug steel wheels and manual windows and locks. LX, ES, Protege5 and Mazdaspeed models all had color matched door handles and guards and the mirror covers were body color. The Mazdaspeed has the whole mirror housings colormatched.

Back