Bose Centerpoint and Bose Audio Pilot

ALC (which my Bose system doesn't seem to have) sounds just like Audio Pilot. Haven't used it yet and doesn't look like I need to.

I've played with it a bit, but generally keep Centerpoint off. Doesn't do enough to compensate for the smearing of the soundstage and the apparent echo/reverb it adds.

In another thread I posted the sound settings that sounded best to me.

I have turned both of them off. I think the stereo sounds better with neither of them on using XM. I have not tested with MP3z or Radio yet.

I thought the audio pilot was only to enable to volume to go up once you accelerate and then go down as you slow.

ALC (which my Bose system doesn't seem to have) sounds just like Audio Pilot. Haven't used it yet and doesn't look like I need to.

I've played with it a bit, but generally keep Centerpoint off. Doesn't do enough to compensate for the smearing of the soundstage and the apparent echo/reverb it adds.

In another thread I posted the sound settings that sounded best to me.

Have to take back what I said here. I mostly keep CP on now; honestly, I've mostly forgotten about it but when I do A/B the sound I usually prefer it.
Audio Pilot is on as well, but for the life of me I can't tell or hear what it does.

I thought the audio pilot was only to enable to volume to go up once you accelerate and then go down as you slow.

Yes it is supposed to adjust the volume (up or down) based on the vehicle speed and the amount of noise the system detects in the cabin. On my 2017 CX9 that has these BOSE features I only use the Centerpoint but not the Audio pilot as I find the volume too low while on a stop so I turn up the volume knob to get sufficient music but then once I get going the volume automatically goes up but too loud. I think the problem in the CX9 is because the cabin was designed to be quiet and that you don't get a lot of road noise in the cabin (unless you're on the highway at real highway speeds) so when you're just driving in the city maintaining a set volume is actually sufficient.

Initially I preferred hearing the original mix over the Centerpoint experience.

But now that I've given it a chance I like the way Centerpoint fills the CX-5 with sound - truth is I'm in my car not my living room. Our MB Burmester has a similar feature. And '60s wide separation mixes - vocals left, instruments right, for example - maintain their integrity and sound just fine.

My 2014 CX5 with BOSE. Auto pilot only works with CDs. ALC works poorly. My CX7 Bose system was a MUCH better unit. MAZDA dumbed down the features on my CX5 which is an pity.

Back