DRSS in HUD

:
2016 CX-9 GT
I bought a 2016 CX-9 GT in November and I am pretty happy. A few weeks ago my wife bought a 2017 Mazda3 and I noticed something. In the CX-9 the DRSS little car symbol only comes on when I have the radar cruise control turned on. In my wife's 3 the little symbol shows up anytime there is a car in front of us and turns orange if we are following too close, RCC does not need to be engaged. Does everyone's DRSS in the 9 work the way I discribed it, or is it just mine?

Also in the 3, if exceeding the speed limit the speed limit sign gets a orange shadow, my 9 does not do that either.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

I've seen what you're talking about, but in the digital gauge. It's one of the options you can select by pressing Info on the wheel. It'll show you the distance in rectangular (each rectangle equates to a certain number of feet in the manual). This only shows on the HUD when you're changing the distance. It also shows when RCC is engaged, though it's not very active, just a small icon.
The visual warning only shows in the screen.

You are right! It is unfortunate though that with a HUD you would have to look down to get the information. Maybe a future update will give us both options?!

You are right! It is unfortunate though that with a HUD you would have to look down to get the information. Maybe a future update will give us both options?!

Wishful thinking. I've been a Mazda customer for 6 months and I've quickly come to learn not to expect much from them. The infotainment system GUI leaves a lot to be desired, the lack of Android/Apple support ... I agree that HUD should be a lot more useful, starting with changing colors at night time. My wife's BMW's HUD does so much more. You can change audio source, radio stations, it switches between day/night mode, etc.

Back