What do you LOVE about your Mazda CX-5?

Visibility
Comfort
Handling
Smoothness (of both the ride and the transmission)
Looks
So much room inside for passengers, pets, and cargo
Fuel economy - I'm getting over 30 mpg without even trying, 50/50 hwy/city split
I feel very safe driving it
Size - it's PERFECT, not too big, not too small
Value - you get so much bang for your buck
It's surprisingly nimble and agile

I was driving mine the other day on some nice back roads and was able to play and I have to say the thing that popped in to my head was " Rewarding​" if you have track experience or any good back ground in high performance driving these things just seem to fall in to a nice sooth flow that rewards you when you get the line rite and drive it like you drive a Miata or any other what I call a " momentum car" you will never be able to screw up the trunk and power your way out to make up lost momentum but when you get it right it just gives you great feed back and asks for more. I spent alot of time making laps in 1gen rx7 that only put 90 to 120 hp to the ground but when you drove it the right way it was fun to chase down" faster" cars.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I've done my first 100 miles and my love for my new cx-5 continues to grow. It's great on the highway, steering is so perfectly dialed in, accelerator response is so fast (no more turbo lag!), the command knob is so easy to use, blind spot monitoring is amazing, and best of all is the radar cruise control - it's a total game changer. I love how smooth it rides, you still have a real feel for the road, it's just the right amount of dampening when things get rough. I love how hackable the infotainment system is, the AIO tool is so easy to use and does all the things I want. I love the seats, they are really comfortable and easy to adjust. I love how smooth and fast the tranny shifts. I love how easy it is to see out, the blindspots are significantly reduced compared to my old car. I love how quiet it is, much quieter than my old car but not so quiet the outside world is blocked out too much. I love how great the mpg is, I wasn't expecting to get over 30 so easily but cruise control on the highway makes it not even a challenge.

For anyone who owned a first gen and traded-up - are the new seats more comfortable, or pretty much the same? After two years of ownership, I find mine remain a bit too firm for my liking (bottom cushion only - back feels great), but I remain reticent to make upholstery changes. Otherwise really like the car.

Driven the 17..seats not as firm, sporty or supportive imo which saddened me. I however seem to be in the minority on liking them less but if softer/spongier is your cup of tea you'll be happy.

I would like them a bit softer...anyone know if the new seats are the same dimension of the old (2016 GT)?

Back