Protege5 Odometer rollback?

ApolloP5

:
Mazda Protege5
Soon i am installing a new FSDE fully forged into my protege5 it currently reads 208xxx miles. Last engine blew due to failed oil pump. Any suggestions on how to go about rolling back the odometer for the new engine?

Sent from my LG-K540 using Tapatalk

Yes, illegal, and the odometer is for the car, not the motor.

Soon i am installing a new FSDE fully forged into my protege5 it currently reads 208xxx miles. Last engine blew due to failed oil pump. Any suggestions on how to go about rolling back the odometer for the new engine?

I've seen people flash it, not on these cars in particular, but I'm not sure how it would work for this??? I'd like to know too

SC:derty_rabbit IG: derty_rabbit add me up

Yeah ive never done something like this before. I just hope it isnt a pain in the A**

Yeah ive never done something like this before. I just hope it isnt a pain in the A**

Let's not kid ourselves. It's more than likely gonna be. Unless u find a cluster with less miles on the odo as close as possible and try a swap

Yeah. I guess it could wait. Im mainly excited to get the engine in😀

We keep small log books in all our vehicles. All maintenance and mileage gets logged. Just log it.

We keep small log books in all our vehicles. All maintenance and mileage gets logged. Just log it.

Sorry but this made me laugh
53a4f53b27fbd3e6b7473dbeb700a5bc.jpg

put it on jackstands and put it in reverse and leave it running backwards all week or reversible drill connected to end of speedo cable left on floor in reverse all week.

(I know that won't work but I'm oldschool from when it used to, lol)

Seriously tho......I don't remember whether the odometer reading was in the ecu somewhere or in the gauge cluster. Can't remember if swapping the cluster to lower mileage one would keep the lower mileage.

Wouldn't it just be easier to find the right cluster with similar miles and call it good if it matters that much?

Back