Android Auto for Gen 2 CX-9

:
Mazda CX-9 GS-L
Has anyone attempted to hack the infotainment and install some mods I.e screen mirroring and Android Auto?

The Mazda3 guys have done this and there's a huge thread about it. But how about our CX-9?

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

Hi there,

I did in my CX-9 2016, it was working with my Android 6 but after the most recent service with the authorized dealer they uploaded the most recent version and the hack is not working now, I have to install it again and verify if it is working.

I located this in my local mercadolibre.com.mx non-official seller. Activates mirror screen, includes Pause in the mute when have ipod or USB music, includes an option to run movies from an USB pen drive and includes the Speedometer app.

It does the screen mirror for only 60 minutes, after that you need to connect it again but need to restart the phone and turn off the car. for short trips -less than 1 hour- it's useful.

Nice if you want to see in the main screen Waze, gps or favorite movie for your kids.

Although I do not like screen mirror function because everything must be managed from your smarthphone, cannot control from the headunit. For music I use my Ipod Classic 160 gb, 'cause with my smarthphone takes a lot to charge my 36gb of music I have in in my microSD card and everytime I connect it starts everything again, useless.

I have heard it is the same for Mazda 3 than CX-9

Saludos

Last edited:
I wondered. I think I won't mess with it I like the hands-free phone and don't mind the GPS talk once connected. Kinda wanted to use the android mapping on the big screen.

Might be nice to watch a movie but the kids have their own tablets. I just wish we could enable the wifi but I guess that is blocked.

I'll just use a USB or SD for preloaded music.

I just wish we could enable the wifi but I guess that is blocked.

I enabled the WiFi on mine, but didn't try connecting to anything yet. Are you saying it doesn't actually work?

I agree re: Android Auto. It's not worth it to me if I lose Bluetooth calls. I'll keep an eye on it to see if that issue is fixed in the future. Hopefully Mazda gets around to officially supporting it soon.

Wanted to add that I have Android Auto working pretty well, even with Bluetooth calls.

And to answer my own question in a previous post, the WiFi seems to work just fine. I'm able to connect to both my home network and my mobile hotspot.

Back