My first experience with vinyl wrap.

:
23 CX-5 Premium
Just had to do something to help alleviate the "sea of black" interior in the CX-5, so I wrapped the piano black horizontal dash "sword" in aluminum carbon fiber vinyl from a Canadian company called VViVid Vinyls. https://vvividshop.com/collections/automotive-films/products/aluminum-dry-carbon

Tried some no-name product first that I found on Amazon and it didn't work out very well. VViVid has an excellent product as well as customer service and you can buy all manner of vinyl wraps in various sizes to fit your needs. I highly recommend them.

Attachments

• dash1.JPG
    dash1.JPG
    65 KB · Views: 495
  • dash2.JPG
    dash2.JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 428
Interesting! I also dislike all black interiors. It makes it seem less nice to me rather than a dual tone interior.
Did you install it yourself? If so, you're difficult was it?

I did install it myself. Once you get the feel of how the material works, it's not difficult to work with. I watched several instructional YouTube videos before my first attempt with the first roll of material I bought and screwed it up. I then bought a second piece from VViVid Vinyls and asked their customer service guy for some pointers on what I may have done wrong the first time. Turns out some of the videos I watched were not very good. Like some of them said to heat the wrap and/or the part first before applying the material. This makes it impossible to reposition the wrap if you don't get it perfect. The correct way to do it is to clean the part and carefully apply the wrap to the part and THEN apply heat a section at a time with the heat gun. It would also be helpful, I realized afterward, to practice on something before attempting the actual trim piece you want to wrap. That way you will know what to expect.

Looks great! It looks like Mazda modified the black interior over the years with touches of silver. I've got a 2016 and that black dash piece is more silver now. I personally love the minimalist dash layout of the CX-5, but yeah the all-black of the earlier models is a bit monotonous.

I would do the space near the shifter - that gray is almost black looking in 99% of the conditions. Specially in sunny Areas.

Back