CX-5's old head unit replacement with Mazda Connect

Cris93

:
2015 Mazda CX-5
Hi, I have a 2015 Mazda CX-5 GS with a non-Bose radio unit. This model comes with the previous Mazda infotainment unit as all of you know. The thing that I want to know is if it is possible to replace my actual unit with the new one that comes in the 2016 model (Mazda Connect). It is important to note that my CX-5 doesn't has the center knobs for controling the head unit, but I assume that it is possible to control the unit just by using the touchscreen. I saw some pics in the internet of the back part of both units and I see that the connectors are not the same (I will be posting those pics later). Any of you know if this relacement is possible?

With the Mazda Connect system, when the car is moving, the touchscreen is disabled. So without the CONTROLLER KNOB, you would have no control once the car is moving...

Possibly you could hack into the software inside the NEW head unit, to prevent the disabling of the touchscreen?

Also, I do not know if the CAN BUS and Bluetooth modules installed on the old head unit will work with the new head unit.

My logic tells me that the swap you want to do cannot be done...

Other people will want to know if it can be done too, but you are the first I have seen to question it on here. Maybe??? (drunk)

Last edited:
I wish they would have offered the control knob w/Tom Tom unit that was available in other markets at time on NA '13-'15 CX-5

audio-control-mazda-cx-5.jpg

You are so lucky to not have gotten the Bose unit. Why not just get a really nice Car Play/Android Auto unit and upgrade the speakers? Why stick with either terrible Stock units?

Back