2008 CX-9 Nav head unit upgrade to alter model easy?

So the screen in my 2008 CX-9 has always been horrible and in reverse it is downright dangerous. Does anyone know if I can swap in a later model nav head unit (presumably with a better screen) ? Not looking for any modding, just something that will drop in and work but with a better screen.

So I did my own research and found pix of the back of each head unit. It does not look straightforward. There are however, many aftermarket plug-in replacements running on Android operating systems that are a great deal. They tout retention of the steering wheel controls and plug and play. I am not clear if they utilize the factory amplifier or the OEM GPS system. I would expect they do but am not entirely sure.

Here's a simple Google Search in "shopping" for 2008 Mazda CX-9 Head Unit.

https://www.google.com/webhp?source...pv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=mazda+cx-9+head+unit&tbm=shop

What about the rear camera integration on the aftermarket units?

My CD player has been stuck with CDs in it for 4-5 years. Now recently my buttons on the left for navigation controls don't work unless the screen is in the open position. I'm thinking of getting one from a same year from car-part.com. I know it doesn't resolve your issue but it is an option.

Ed

Not sure but I doubt Mazda used anything fancy. At most they used a proprietary connector that you can probably get an adapter for. I always try Crutchfield. They've got all the goodies.

Back