Lowering springs choice

Str8racn

:
CX 5
Good morning. I just bought a 2016 Mazda CX 5 Grand Touring and looking to lower it. I see a few different choices and have read through a lot of posts. I've had plenty of vehicles with lowering springs and understand it will be bumpy, stiff, yet handle better.

Hoping to get some of you to post some pics of the different drop heights to get a better idea of the looks and ride heights accomplished with each of them.

I am looking at the Corksport springs, but would like to see what the other drops look like. I noticed some of you switched from the lowest drop to back up and mid drop to the lowest.

I have google searched and imaged viewed a lot as well lol

Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
I have the CS springs and it's pretty hard core, but I like it.
I used to have a 1.5" drop in my ex 08' VW Golf(Rabbit), but this one is much more hard core.
In the beginning I have bottomed out, like three times, because I was driving the same way, as prior of lowering. After adjusting my driving style(more cautious), I have never bottomed out again.
I actually would prefer, that my car would sit a little bit lower.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

20160809_072044.jpg
20151109_164238.jpg
20151105_082531.jpg

Yours pulled up a couple times on google images and pretty much sold me on them. There is also a white one I found that looks nice with what looks like Niche wheels.

I usually lower mine about that much and know it can be rough, but cant stand wheel gap.
Any rubbing issues and did you use factory struts along with them?

I have the CS springs and it's pretty hard core, but I like it.
I used to have a 1.5" drop in my ex 08' VW Golf(Rabbit), but this one is much more hard core.
In the beginning I have bottomed out, like three times, because I was driving the same way, as prior of lowering. After adjusting my driving style(more cautious), I have never bottomed out again.
I actually would prefer, that my car would sit a little bit lower.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

View attachment 215830
View attachment 215831
View attachment 215832
Nice three wheeling!

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

The white one, is Chris's car.
Using factory strut and no rubbing at all.
20"x9.25"- XXR553 gunmetal, ET36, 235/45/R20 tires.

I have been looking for pics of his because mine is the same color just to get an idea of the look, but almost impossible to find (bang)

Coilovers best choice but also most expensive at ~$1000 starting. Eibach and h&r springs, auto exe, tein other also make coils for cx5.

Thank you Chris. I am not worried so much about the cost. I would pay more for a better ride quality, longevity and control over ride height. You have coilovers on yours?

Back