2016 CX-9 Compass and other useless features

Completed my first road trip with the car...about 200 miles. All I have to say is that I am glad I have taken this route once before and I had my phone with me.

Navigation:
I traveled from San Diego to Palmdale, taking I-15N to 215N. The navigation system kept prompting me to exit I-15N, only to have me enter again at the very next exit. It did this at least 3 times. I ignored all three of them because I knew I could stay on I-15N and traffic was clear. It was probably using historical data to re-route me. Very very annoying. This would have actually taken longer.

Traffic Map:
Once I left my local area, the HD Radio traffic map app I guess had to download a new map? It took well over 30 minutes for something to display on the screen. Once it did, it was completely useless as I was unable to locate my pin in the map. It simply wasn't there, so I couldn't tell which road I was. You can't zoom in in that map, all you can do is scroll up and down.

For a company that recently removed the Tach from the heads-up display because it didn't want to cause distractions to drivers, the whole traffic map/traffic re-routing system is very very distracting and complicated. I will disable it and I'm going to start using my phone for traffic update (will have to get a phone mount). The drive was not very pleasant and it was rather a bit stressful at the beginning. Oh, and I almost forgot - check your settings! Mine has routes that allows pay-for-use roads enabled by default which would have been quite costly.

SUV don't usually come with ceiling vents. That's a Minivan thing. The lower roof line has no space for it.

Actually most American SUV's come with ceiling vents for both rows of seating.

It's the opposite, Euro SUV's don't come with A/C ceiling vents.

My youngest is always asking for A/C when sitting in the 3rd row which is his area, wasn't the case in a 6 year old Traverse.

Latest posts

Back