US P5 front bumper for european P5?

arcaneex

:
Mazda protege5 99
I've got the European P5, 1.8L 1999 BJ wagon/hatch you name it, just not the sedan.
What I noticed most in trim differences is the front bumper, US has a shorter grille and fog lights while EU has longer grille and no fogs.

If I would order the US bumper is it as simple as plug n play?

I never understood differences between US and EU, can't find ANY info either.

Also I saw a lot of P5s with 17 inch wheels, how? mines stock at 14 and I can only dream of 17s.
Wheel spacers and wider, shorter tires?

And do mods posted here apply to the euro P5?

Sent from my PRO 5 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Mind giving me a quick overview how? Doesn't it effect speedometer readings and wow 18s are huge how are you not rubbing?

0c894556cfdfe79d5fc59fa37a28740c.jpg
ms3 gen1 18s on 235 40 18 tires not rubber bands

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To run the US P5 bumper on a 99 you would have to swap the fenders, fender liners, hood and headlights to the 01-03 style.

Looks dope, honestly I think 18s will be too problematic.
16s would be amazing, I'm too worried of rubbing and false speedometer readings tho

To run the US P5 bumper on a 99 you would have to swap the fenders, fender liners, hood and headlights to the 01-03 style.
Doesn't the 99 P5 have the same bumper?

To each his own. Thanks. I was going for oem+

Looks very oem+, I dig it. Seen your build thread, wish mine wasn't silver and faded as hell haha

Doesn't the 99 P5 have the same bumper?

Looks very oem+, I dig it. Seen your build thread, wish mine wasn't silver and faded as hell haha

Thanks man. My son calls it the minion and my coworkers call it the banana. I call it the pussy wagon lol

I found an amazing website that made me understand more why my car looks like pure crap and yours looks amazing, 2001 had a makeover, shipping hood, fenders and everything else will be too costly.
There I was hoping to get a good looking P5, pre facelift doesn't look as good and probably not worth the effort I guess.

I found an amazing website that made me understand more why my car looks like pure crap and yours looks amazing, 2001 had a makeover, shipping hood, fenders and everything else will be too costly.
There I was hoping to get a good looking P5, pre facelift doesn't look as good and probably not worth the effort I guess.

Usually the 99-00 guys get the Sport20 bumper, I have seen a 99-00 with an 01-03 bumper but it didn't fit right.
Sport 20 sedan
Sport 20 wagon
99-00 Sedan with MSP/P5 bumper modified to fit.

Anyone knows by any chance where to get the sport 20 bumper? EBay yelds nothing.

Back