Trade GT 19"s for my 17" Touring wheels?

Fishah

:
2016.5 Mazda CX-5 Touring
Hey everyone!

So I just bought a brand new 2016.5 CX-5 Touring on Friday. We love the car, but my wife hates the wheels :)

She is however, in love with the 19" GT wheels.

This may be a long-shot, but I'd imagine there are some people who prefer the 17's due to the softer ride and less expensive tires.

Does anyone with 19" GT wheels want to swap for 17" Touring wheels?

If yours are in perfect condition, with great tires, I'd obviously pay cash as well.

Awesome forum btw. I'm thrilled to have found this place! Will make an intro post this evening once I get my car back from the service department (heated seats were inoperable).

Thanks!!!

-Bill F.

Well of course I could do that!

Trading is far easier, and less expensive, if somebody sees a benefit in downsizing.

Interesting idea Colt! We really like the 19" GT wheels but those 18" are nice too.

I'm lookin' at 'em. The CX-9 wheels are 8" wide (an inch wider) with a 45mm offset (5 less). You'll have to check clearance in the front closely. There's 28-ish mm of clearance to the front strut from the 19" wheel and tire set. An 8" wheel will be 12.5mm - 5mm + maybe extra tire width, so you're looking at ~20mm of clearance to the front strut. Sounds safe, but I don't know that it is enough.

I think one of the Mazda6 wheels is 17 x 8.

I may be selling my current wheels soon. 20x8.5 offset 40MM (slightly less than fender flush, but flush during casual observation). It would include 5 wheels. And I'd beat most of the GT wheel prices listed on ebabe. I'll make a post if I do end up selling them.

I'm lookin' at 'em. The CX-9 wheels are 8" wide (an inch wider) with a 45mm offset (5 less). You'll have to check clearance in the front closely. There's 28-ish mm of clearance to the front strut from the 19" wheel and tire set. An 8" wheel will be 12.5mm - 5mm + maybe extra tire width, so you're looking at ~20mm of clearance to the front strut. Sounds safe, but I don't know that it is enough.

I think one of the Mazda6 wheels is 17 x 8.

According to the wheel calculator, it'll stick out a bit more. It'll still be far under the fender however.

Current Wheel Specs
Width inches 7
Offset mm 50

New Wheel Specs
Width inches 8
Offset mm 45

Calculate

Results
Inner Clearance: (the inside of the wheel to the strut housing) 8mm less
Outer Position: (position of the outside edge of the wheel) 18mm more

Good luck with that...

You should just hope to find someone selling their 19s and keep your 17s to put winter tires on them.

I may be selling my current wheels soon. 20x8.5 offset 40MM (slightly less than fender flush, but flush during casual observation). It would include 5 wheels. And I'd beat most of the GT wheel prices listed on ebabe. I'll make a post if I do end up selling them.

Your wheels are sweet! My wife likes black wheels, so we may be open to it. Although, I doubt they'd look as good on my stock height car as they do on yours :)

He's in Phoenix, Arizona. Highly doubt he'll be buying snow tires! (2thumbs)

lol! Yea, that's definitely true. If anything, I should be swapping out the factory all seasons for summer tires.

Back