Cluster help after motor/trans swap

Dmfan2

:
Protege5
Hey guys! Hopefully someone can help. I just completed a msp motor and mtx trans swap into an auto protege5 with tiptronic. Everything went well, except I have no function in the cluster. I searched the forums, found a few guys who ran into this, but no solutions posted. Looking for assistance, thanks!

Maybe try a manual cluster? Or better yet an MSP cluster? I know the tiptronic has a different dash harness, that must be why.

You will need another dash harness and the clutch interlock stuff. Get a MSP cluster they go for about $50-70 and look nicer

I am getting ready to swap over my P5 with everything from a scrapped MSP. I have several clusters too. Happy to sell you a non MSP cheaper or a MSP.

I have a msp cluster in there. It lights up, warning lights work, but no odometer, or guages. It's gotta be a wiring thing. I swappped in the msp engine harness, and figured out the clutch switch wiring that wasn't there. The last piece of this is to get the cluster going. It would seem like it's not getting a power feed for the gauges. Ideas?

Back