Got 2016.5 today - A few questions

Mayoo

:
Mazda CX-5 GS
Hey all,

I finally moved from my 2014 GS to a 2016.5 GS. So far, I love the upgrade, and for cheaper too! I have a few questions I was hoping to get answered.

1) I hear a squeak from the infotainement unit when I take some bumps. Very audible. I was thinking it would go away in a while since the car is brand new. Am I right?

2) GPS shows one hour later, thinks I am in GMT -4 but I am -5. Any fix around? I see posts in 2013 with the same issue, althought very not the same unit.

3) SMS screen doesn't show contact names but SMS warning popup does. Any fix?

4) Music album art is empty via BT. Any fix?

5) Contact pictures are missing. Nexus 5. Fix around?

I am thinking I might not have the latest infotainement version, how can I verify all this?

So far I am pleased. The 2017 redesign is very cool but 2016.5 suits all my needs and fixes most issues I had with 2014.

Thanks all.

Did you find the version yet?

Contact pics don't work at all.

Did you find the version yet?

Contact pics don't work at all.

Yup, I'm on 55 if I recall right. Seems to be the last stable one. I've read that version 59 is 1) for CX9 and 2) very bad.

That being said, I've got another concern. Trafic info doesn't seem to work on the nav unit. Is there a catch to it? I've heard we have to use our cell phone as a mobile hotspot.

59 has been wonderful on my 2016 CX-5. Pandora now works PERFECTLY. There is no traffic info on nav unit in US cars

Hey all,

I finally moved from my 2014 GS to a 2016.5 GS. So far, I love the upgrade, and for cheaper too! I have a few questions I was hoping to get answered.

1) I hear a squeak from the infotainement unit when I take some bumps. Very audible. I was thinking it would go away in a while since the car is brand new. Am I right?

2) GPS shows one hour later, thinks I am in GMT -4 but I am -5. Any fix around? I see posts in 2013 with the same issue, althought very not the same unit.

3) SMS screen doesn't show contact names but SMS warning popup does. Any fix?

4) Music album art is empty via BT. Any fix?

5) Contact pictures are missing. Nexus 5. Fix around?

I am thinking I might not have the latest infotainement version, how can I verify all this?

So far I am pleased. The 2017 redesign is very cool but 2016.5 suits all my needs and fixes most issues I had with 2014.

Thanks all.

wait, you traded in your 2014 for a 2016.5 now? why though?

(I did not write that) Only works on 55

Sent from my LG V10

Back