2016 Mazda6 i Touring - Seat Comfort Questions.

ZoomZoomFan

:
2016 Mazda6 i Touring
October 2015: I bought a then-new 2016 Mazda6 i Touring with leatherette seats.

January 2017: I come to the forums to complain about the driver’s seat making my left leg hurt.

Seriously. It hurts. A lot. And it makes me sad because I adore this car, even with that fault. It feels as if I am too wide for the seat. It’s always felt this way but I kept thinking I’d get used to it. Wrong.

Admittedly, the Mazda6 does have narrow seats, and I’m overweight, but I’m not THAT wide. My wife has thicker thighs and legs than me and she said that she feels no discomfort, even when she drove us half of the 9 hour trip to Florida in this car in June 2016.

That leads me to believe it’s the way I am sitting. I have to do some moving around, I guess, to find a better position. I kind of slouch and I’m wondering if I put too much weight on my left side. I have had this problem in my wife’s 2013 CX-5 Sport to a lesser extent, as well. All of those cars have vastly different seats, which leads me to believe it’s a me problem and not a seat problem.

I'm 5'11" or so and 249 pounds (I am working on that - I've lost 10 pounds, so far).

The underside of my upper left leg hurts just ahead of my butt. It gets worse on long drives. I have had several friends drive the car and then of course my wife has and no one notices any discomfort but me.

Does anyone else seem to experience this issue or problem?

Sounds like sciatica nerve to me...? How would you describe the pain you feel? (ache, burn, needles, tingly, throbbing, etc..)

Do you have the same problems when riding in the passenger seat?

They do make sciatica wedge pillows that can ease some symptoms a bit...

Good idea on the wallet leeharvey418! Hopefully that is all it is...

seatcushion.jpg

Here is a pic of a cushion in place in the car

contoursit_carcushion_600.jpg

Last edited:
It's kind of a stinging and pinching sensation, right behind the backside of my left knee. On my thigh, I guess.

I keep my wallet in my front pocket.

I will look into one of those cushions for sure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, it does sound like sciatica. I used to keep my wallet in my right rear pocket, until it became a problem. My left butt cheek and my wallet have reached a mutual understanding...

I'd definitely say it's a you problem, since you experience it in multiple car seats. I'm an inch taller and have close to 50 pounds on you, and I don't have the slightest problem with the seats in my 6.

Google Purple Mattress. They also make non-pressure point seat cushions. I highly recommend them.

Back