Electric remote car starter not working

:
Mazda CX-5 2106.5
Cold out this morning, went to use my electric remote car starter and it failed to work. I have the aftermarket electric remote starter that the Mazda dealer installed, not the Mazda Mobil Start model for cell phone. I use the electric start off of the regular key fob. Leaving the car with them on Wednesday. I'm assuming it's still under the warranty, etc. Anyone have problems with their electric remote start? Any thoughts?

I had a few failed starts with mine they installed a Avital system that came with its own key fob but I looking to get rid of it and use one thst will use my existing key fob

Did the dealer actually install it, or did they have a subcontractor install it someplace else?

Could not tell you if it is under warranty, because it is a 3rd party item, not a Mazda part. Did you get any papers or warranty info with the install of the electric start?

They had it subcontracted it out, worried about that be I'll have to see how things play out. Was hoping to bring it in tomorrow but may have to reschedule for next week, in the interim I'll look through my paperwork for any warranty information.

I gave myself the Idiot Award of the Week! I used my remote starter a number of times but forgot how to use it apparently. The dealer called to tell me there was nothing wrong, no charge. I guess I had a lapse in memory, flashback from my Subaru remoter starter. I was holding the button down for three seconds instead of tapping it three times.

I gave myself the Idiot Award of the Week! I used my remote starter a number of times but forgot how to use it apparently. The dealer called to tell me there was nothing wrong, no charge. I guess I had a lapse in memory, flashback from my Subaru remoter starter. I was holding the button down for three seconds instead of tapping it three times.
Dont worry.. we still love you

You be glad you weren't being chased by zombies.

Cold out this morning, went to use my electric remote car starter and it failed to work. I have the aftermarket electric remote starter that the Mazda dealer installed, not the Mazda Mobil Start model for cell phone. I use the electric start off of the regular key fob. Leaving the car with them on Wednesday. I'm assuming it's still under the warranty, etc. Anyone have problems with their electric remote start? Any thoughts?

I had the same exact problem after 2 months of ownership, the car woudn;t start remotely. I thought maybe somehow the memory got erased because I still saw the orange screen light up just no confirmation that the signal was received, so just for the heck of it, I changed the battery and haven't had a problem since, turns out the battery from the dealer still had some juice to light up the LCD but not enough to send the signal out to the car, try replacing with new batteries, I bet it will work.....

Back