Need Help With a Part Number!

BrotegeCinco

:
2002 Mazda Protege5
So, I look at my headlights and the beams were off. I looked into the passenger light and the low beam headlight was secure via the metal clip for the bulb. I look inside of the passenger headlight and lo and behold the bulb was just jiggling abound freely. The clip was missing.

I called Mazda and they said I basically had to buy a new headlight. Maybe someone has run across this problem. Does anyone know a part number for the clip that holds the bulb in the headlight?

Thanks!

Mine was missing too when I bought my wago. Although I did NOT buy a whole new headlight, I went junkyard fishing and found a few clips from the protege and p5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea, crap, I did a little searching and I will indeed either have to get a used headlight or i'll have to take a trip to pick and pull... Thanks for the reply bro!

No biggie. I'm new to this community myself and have found they're pretty cool peeps. Any chance u can post a pic of what u looking for??? I picked up the plastic pieces

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i grabbed some from the junkyard.
although i lost one so i used one of those speaker clips that come with car speakers. i bent it back into an L shape, screwed it in, and it holds it in pretty firmly
they look like this
a2e-case-screw-clips.jpg

Wow.. awesome guys! Thanks for all the replies! I am going to give some of these a try and see which one sticks.

Back